PDA

View Full Version : Problem setting up Profilux Optical Level Sensor

Oldtimer
12.04.2010, 02:02
I have an optical sensor on the Level 1 port in my Profilux II Plus EX. I cannot get it to switch on my ATO pump. The ATO pump is actually channel 1 on my Profilux Dosing Pump. Channel 1 is on socket #5 and I programmed this socket to be switched by function "Water 1". The maxiumum on time is set to 20 minutes. I tried to decrease the sensitivity of the sensor from 10 s to 2 s, but it did not help. The water level in my sump actually seems very stable especially in the area where this sensor is mounted. I verified that the diagnostic shows "-" when the water is not touching the sensor. When I lower the sensor to contact the water, diagnostic correctly shows "X". Strangely, the dosing pump does not turn on for either condition, but if I change Inverting Switching Behavior from normal to inverse, then the dosing pump will turn on no matter if the sensor is touching the water or not. Please help!

Matthias
12.04.2010, 17:21
this means that the sensor is working and the connection to ProfiLux is Ok if you see - and x when you move the sensor

water 1 is the correct setting for this "socket"

maybe there is an error at the moment?
what is the operational mode?

please post a screenshot of the level settings

Oldtimer
12.04.2010, 18:12
By screenshot, I'm sure you mean to take a picture of my PC, but I'm only using the controller to program, not my PC. If this is critical, I will have to setup my WLAN... I just haven't found the time to do it yet. I'm travelling out of town for a few days Wednesday morning and was hoping to have the level setup before I go.

Operational mode is set to ATO.

Matthias
13.04.2010, 07:45
"ATO" is correct for this purpose

I guess an error occured and must be reset (timeout overdue)

Oldtimer
13.04.2010, 13:19
OK, I will try to reset it and see what happens.

Oldtimer
13.04.2010, 14:01
Another option I'm considering is using my conductivity probe to switch on the dosing pump once conductivity rises above a certain level. Then I can use the optical sensor as a protection for the return pump just in case the water level drops much lower (perhaps 50mm lower) than where I normally keep it. This way, I'm actually adjusting based on conductivity and not evaporation...or worse, a leak which could result in a disaster since salinity could decrease significantly while the dosing unit controlled by the float sensor would keep adding fresh water. I haven't looked into setting it this way, but it seems possible. Is it?

Matthias
14.04.2010, 07:46
this is possible, but I guess you have to use the "programmable logic"
-> therefore you need to do the settings with ProfiLuxControl

Oldtimer
14.04.2010, 13:11
I did this last night and it's working fine now with conductivity control.