PDA

View Full Version : Need help urgently!!!

rui
08.04.2010, 10:02
I have the profilux II plus

my computer wont read the 2 discs it came with

1 driver for plm-usb

2 profiluxcontrol II Lan/Wlan-tools driver
story is I bought it used and my laptop won't read any cd's the gentleman that sold me the system said it's version 4.00 to 4.08 for the profilux control I went on to download it and still no go I downloaded the driver and there is only 2 available from the website so I don't know if these drivers are the problem they are the only ones posted I have the rsm232 connection and also the USB port the rsm232 is being used for an external profilux view and works good I have tried everything even with another laptop and no go even using the rsm232 cord won't connect and tried different versions of the profilux control I personally think it's the drivers for either connection USB or rsm232 can anyone help me I would highly appreciate it!!

Matthias
08.04.2010, 13:46
you don't need this CD, all files can be downloaded from our site

load the matching ProfiLuxControl (4.xx for ProfiLux with firmware 4.xxx resp. 5.xx for ProfiLux with firmware 5.xx) and install the USB drivers

aqua_digital
08.04.2010, 13:49
Hi

I think I have been helping you on Reef Central also, but this is the correct place for support.

So lets go step by step.

First you need to install this USB driver

USB DRIVER
http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Download/PL2303_Prolific_DriverInstaller_v110.zip

Please then install software version here (note make sure no other version of profiLux has been installed on teh laptop first, please remove all older versions)

http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Download/ProfiLuxControl_II_4081.exe

Once this is done connect the profiLux via USB to the lap top, if using Vista windows will auto find the COM port and display it in the bottom right hand side of the screen. if not go to device manager and locate the profilic driver under serial ports and make note of the COM number.

Go to profiLux control and click on the 3 dots next to the connection tabs and then edit connection.

At this point it is best to make a new connection so press new and tick the box for RS232/USB and in the window for COM input your COM port number you noted down.

Name the connection something you will recognise and save everything.

Go back to the main ProfiLux screen and in the connection drop down box select your new connection and press connect.

If it does not connect then Matthias (The owner of GHL) will help you from here ;)

rui
08.04.2010, 17:06
couldn't thank you enough it is working now! and promisse will help others with the same problem!

now just 2 last questions

1. when I am in illumination menu and I go under thunderstom option and do a manual for 5 minutes it gives me a message "communication error" and disconnects the profilux!

2. I have a 6 multicontrollable power bar and cant find the options on the menu to get it set?

thanks guys! this website rocks!!:)

aqua_digital
08.04.2010, 17:26
Hi

I can help you with the second question, matthias can help you with the first

Go to system then socket function outlet, from there you can set the powerbar to what you wish it to do.

rui
08.04.2010, 18:04
thanks buddy but no go again do I need to download this to the profilux control file?

http://aquariumcomputer.com/Download/Powerbar6D-PAB_V101.zip

rui
08.04.2010, 18:07
maybe I need to download version 5.xxx p (betta for best results) I also know how to update the firmware but what version should I use I just save the file to somewhere where I can find it and send it to the profilux under system for firmware update!! hope I am right

aqua_digital
08.04.2010, 18:30
No, you do not have to download anything

Tell me exactly what you are trying to do with the power bar, I am getting mixed messages what the issue is your having

rui
08.04.2010, 19:05
No, you do not have to download anything

Tell me exactly what you are trying to do with the power bar, I am getting mixed messages what the issue is your having

sorry its just that I did has you told me under connections and has per the power bar instructions a yellow light on the bar should go on meaning profilux is in control!

so the summary is that my power bar is connected to s1-s4 on the backof profilux I have gone under system-socket functions and enabled option for digital power bar and got no connection at all and can't even click on the right hand side of it where it says "program power bar or dosing pump"

I know its a working power bar because it was working before I did a system reset!

Blahenazo
08.04.2010, 19:15
Rui,

I see all attempts of Aqua_digital to help you but, there is clearly a communication problem, being you are trying to run before you can walk :).

It's maybe best to restart again.

1) you have a P2 plus.
2) The powerbar you have should have a have a sticker on it with the label "powerbar6D-D" right ?

because in a post you make your get the files for PAB and PAB is not supported on the P2 plus and if the powerbar is a PAB version it will not work.

normally you should connect your Powerbar with the supplied cable to the S1-4 port of your P2. Then connect your PLC and to 'into the menu tree' to
System =>expand it and to socket functions.

I've done it a while back , but it must be something like this.
tick the 'Digital powerbar connected on S1-4 port
save the config
then on the same screen push the 'program digital powerbar or....' button.
and follow the wizard thingy ( you can program the sockets, initial states , etc... ) start with programming the sockets , continu through the wizard )

once it's done you can tick the 'manual override' and then you can tick the sockets to see if the powerbar responds correctly.

don't forget to uncheck manual override when you are done.

Hope this helps.

rui
08.04.2010, 19:35
Rui,

I see all attempts of Aqua_digital to help you but, there is clearly a communication problem, being you are trying to run before you can walk :).

It's maybe best to restart again.

1) you have a P2 plus.
2) The powerbar you have should have a have a sticker on it with the label "powerbar6D-D" right ?

because in a post you make your get the files for PAB and PAB is not supported on the P2 plus and if the powerbar is a PAB version it will not work.

normally you should connect your Powerbar with the supplied cable to the S1-4 port of your P2. Then connect your PLC and to 'into the menu tree' to
System =>expand it and to socket functions.

I've done it a while back , but it must be something like this.
tick the 'Digital powerbar connected on S1-4 port
save the config
then on the same screen push the 'program digital powerbar or....' button.
and follow the wizard thingy ( you can program the sockets, initial states , etc... ) start with programming the sockets , continu through the wizard )

once it's done you can tick the 'manual override' and then you can tick the sockets to see if the powerbar responds correctly.

don't forget to uncheck manual override when you are done.

Hope this helps.

you're absolutely right it is powerbar6D-D and I went and clicked that option to enable power bar saved it and still cant click to configure power bar it just wont open now you think I downloaded the wrong files which and how can I exchange them?! thanks for your help

rui
08.04.2010, 19:44
it says powerbar 6d- USA/CD

aqua_digital
08.04.2010, 21:01
1. Have you got power going to the power bar from a Live wall socket?
2. Are you using the correct data cable, it has a black ball on each end called a supressor?
3. what lights are on the Digital power bar?
4. if it worked before connecting then possibly you have very old firmware version on the profilux and running it on much lter software. To check this turn the controller off and back on and watch the ProfiLux screen it will tell you what version you have.
5. this being a second hand unit, do we know it all worked before purchase (you saw it working?)

As you are in Ontario if you still get stuck it might be worth the shipping costs for us to service the unit for you and send back to you plug and play

rui
09.04.2010, 00:56
I saw the unit work myself, it's the 4.00 to 4.08 version of profilux firmware is up to date also. just like the instructions say on the power bar if a disconnection to the profilux unit is taking more than 5 minutes long the light will blink green on the power bar.

I am able to get into manual over ride mode but just cant get into the option it says to program digital bar!!

UPDATE"WHILE i WROTE BACK THIS MESSAGE i WENT THROUGH PROFILUX UNIT AND TURNED ON DIGITAL POWER BAR"

it works because I just went through the profilux unit and enabled it to accept power bar and the socket I just plugged in the light went on.

Now there has to be a connection problem profilux control shows connected on my screen all the time and before I tried to change settings on the control program and its not working,like it will change on the screen of my laptop but wont change on the profilux unit itself! weird!!

rui
09.04.2010, 00:59
its like I can change the settings on the profilux unit itself but not on the control program even though it shows being connected!!:o

rui
09.04.2010, 01:02
I noticed also and suspect that the response time from control program to profilux is very slow on somethings or no go on others at all!!

rui
09.04.2010, 01:19
so here's a review of what I think could be wrong!!

1 doing a firmware update and control update might make response possible and faster

2 I am sing a netbook "acer aspire one" so wonder if the usb ports on it arwe not fast enough instead of using a 2.0 usb connectivity

3 this unit was fully functional from a computer the previous owner was using and before I had all these problems with using the right program and firm ware the power bar,led stick etc was still under his old settings and working until I did a factory restore on the unit itself!!

lol by the way do you know how long it actually took me to change the language from german to english on the unit itself!!!:D

thats the other thing I change the language on the profilux control program from my netbook to english and would still display in german version!!

Its now changed to english after I found it on the unit!!:cool:

rui
09.04.2010, 01:29
here's a real mind boggler for you!

when I get into remote action under profilux control its connectivity is phenomenal it displays all the changes right away!!
remote is the one it shows on the profilux control program has if i was changing it on the unit so a picture of the profilux unit comes up and I change all the settings from there!

how come this works with such fast response but nothing else!!

rui
09.04.2010, 02:12
even thunderstorms under the remote option on the profilux control program works flawless!!

rui
09.04.2010, 02:14
but when under regular mode and I put it under 5minutes manual it tells me there is a communication failed message and shuts off the program it self.

rui
09.04.2010, 03:54
don't know what I did but it works now!! I am still getting alot of communication errors for messages I think anytime the profi control program is trying to change the settings on the profilux unit itself!

rui
09.04.2010, 04:09
so some of the things I have tried to change with communication error mesage are thunderstorms and temperature I guess there will be many more!!

Matthias
09.04.2010, 10:05
which firmware and ProfiLuxControl version are you using?

rui
09.04.2010, 13:15
I am using the profilux control 4.00 to 4.08 and the firmware is 4.05

rui
09.04.2010, 20:11
question!! in order for faster response should I get a cble to connect my rs232 to usb port because I dont have that extension to usb! I am using the rs232 to connect my external view lcd screen, and I am using usb to usb to make changes from laptop!

aqua_digital
09.04.2010, 20:33
well here lies half your problem, you MUST use the Profiser serial cable when connecting to the GHL RS232 port no metter if you are using an adapter or not.

if you have the external View II I suggest getting PLM-USB expansion card or just send the unit to us and get it upgaded to the P3 which you mentioned, we can then make sure everything works ;)

rui
09.04.2010, 20:39
well here lies half your problem, you MUST use the Profiser serial cable when connecting to the GHL RS232 port no metter if you are using an adapter or not.

if you have the external View II I suggest getting PLM-USB expansion card or just send the unit to us and get it upgaded to the P3 which you mentioned, we can then make sure everything works ;)

but for now should I get the rs232 to usb to use on my laptop!! I am going to upgrade with you guys the only thing is that I am going to portugal in 2 weeks and dont think I would get this unit back on time from you to set it up!!:confused:

rui
09.04.2010, 20:40
or do you find that usb to usb connection to laptop should be doing its job?!

aqua_digital
09.04.2010, 20:40
You are in Ontario Correct?

If you shipped by express post we would have it next day and you would get it back 3 days after that at the latest.

rui
09.04.2010, 20:50
ok I am sending you a private message

aqua_digital
09.04.2010, 20:52
Please no email me instead

sales@aqua-digital.com