PDA

View Full Version : Pii to piii not good

subshop
04.04.2010, 06:13
OK its been hours now and to surrender! I have had my PII a couple of years now and have been waiting to do the PIII UPGRADE a couple of months. I just waited until now because if lack of time. I installed the PIII kit and it was pretty straight forward. Unit came on and all was good. I installed the ProfiLuxControl, Version 5.0.0.12 (BETA). Then I tried to do a firmware upgrade and my problems began.
Before anyone asks: I have been running Vista in Parallels on a MAC. Hardwire Profilux to Lan and MAC to WLAN to network. This worked fine with the PII and in the beginning with the PIII. I had always done firmware updates without any problems.
When I tried to do the firmware update, I hit Yes on the Profilux then OK on my screen. About 3/4 of the way through the upgrade I got an Error message saying "ERROR WHILE TRANSMITTING FIRMWARE Flasherase - no response - 255.
Then I tried to save the setting to my PC and got this message "Error during reception of Code_WebServer Port (Parameter #1830)". After Retrying a number of times I hit Ignore to see what would happen.The next message I got said "Error during reception of Code_level1_props_1-0(Parameter #1927). If I continue to hit ignore the message was with (Parameter #1927), Ignore again then (Parameter #1928), Ignore again then (Parameter #1929). I stopped when it reached (Parameter #1930)

Now even if I could not the fireware upgrade or be able to store the settings would have been OK for now but I noticed that on the Profilux display not all viewable items are shown even though they are checked on the Profilux control.
Any and all help is appreciated, Neil.

Matthias
04.04.2010, 11:27
Hi

before continuing we must ensure that you have the newest firmware 5.00p on your ProfiLux
otherwise ProfiLux 3 and ProfiLuxControl 5.0.0.12 are not compatible

aqua_digital
04.04.2010, 12:47
Hi Neil,

Please can you try the flash tool this is the best way to get the latest firmware loaded especially when doing so from a P3 upgrade, the reason for this is most P3 upgrades come with very old firmware and you have to go through a series of software versions to get to the latest. By using the flash tool over RS232 or RS232 to USB (not USB to USB) you then bypass the software.

I know you asked me about the hex file, did my email reply help you understand about opening the saved frile from your desktop?

If not I will do screen shots later step by step guide.

On that note as of next week i will be expanding my online how to guide to cover connectivity in depth. I think this will go a long way to remove some issues.

subshop
04.04.2010, 14:20
Matthias . The FW is 5.00 date 12/3/09. I found this on the Profilux by pushing the Extras butting and scrolling to Info & support.

Blahenazo
04.04.2010, 15:23
that's an old FW.

best is to upgrade to the p version.
if it doesn't work with PLC anymore , use the FR flasher tool

procedure is here
http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=1274

If I rememeber correctly between step 6-8 there is only a couple of seconds of delay because the P3 is only in the flash state for a few seconds.
I had to try a few times to get it to work. I used the serial cable to upgrade with the FR tool with my FW upgrade failed.

subshop
05.04.2010, 17:39
As always my Profilux, Matthias, Michael and everyone else here have come through again. I went out and purchased a USB to SERIAL converter , installed the USB software and the Flash worked like a charm. All is good. Only one question in the lightning scenarios, when I click on the manual override button I cannot adjust the time and nothing appears in the box that says scenes. Is the for a later update? And again thanks again all, PROFILUX rocks !!! Neil

boboxx
05.04.2010, 17:59
what USB to SERIAL converter did you get?

subshop
05.04.2010, 19:20
BOBOXX, I am at work but I can let you know when I get home late, this evening. Neil

subshop
06.04.2010, 03:45
BOBOXX, The adapter is a Gigaware 6' USB-a to Serial Cable. Item # 26-949.
Neil