PDA

View Full Version : ProfiLuxControl 5.0.0.12 and firmware 5.00p

Matthias
31.03.2010, 13:34
are available for ProfiLux II and ProfiLux 3

for ProfiLux II a few smaller improvements like higher connection speed

for ProfiLux 3 additionally a few things in regards to webinterface (iPhone application runs now also password protected)

read more in firmwarehistory

PS: There is no reason to panic even when some wishes had not been fulfilled yet - the next firmware version comes very soon, we decided to publish 5.00p now although not all requested features are implemented because there are already many important improvements in 5.00p available!

gqjeff
31.03.2010, 20:03
I got flasherase no response 8

gqjeff
31.03.2010, 20:24
ok was not hitting yes on the controller. Well I just did it and during the firmware update it stopped and now my system is OFF.. Man I am sop PISSED the USB connection is a joke. That is what I am sure caused the failed firmware update.

boboxx
31.03.2010, 20:41
Did you read the instruction on the pop up while doing the upgrade?

It says:
Please read this thoroughly before the update!

Manual:
http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Download/Manual_ProfiLuxII_V406.pdf
Page 67

Click on Download in the File menu. You will then be asked to select the file containing the new firmware.
Make sure you select only the firmware file appropriate to your ProfiLux model! After successfully analyzing
the file the aquarium computer will display the question Download now?. After answering Yes you should
then confirm the message displayed by ProfiLuxControl II with OK. The download will then begin and the
firmware will be updated. When the process is completed your ProfiLux (Plus) II will be restarted.

You had to press Yes on the controler _Before_ you click the ok in profilux control. Now the firmware is currupted, you will have to restore with FlashFR and a computer with a workinf serial port! (the instruction are on page 67 also)

gqjeff
31.03.2010, 20:46
Yep did exactly that and it stopped during the download about half way through.. Was going fine and then all the sudden it stopped working.. After a few minutes I ran the mouse over it and it said not responding....

I have done 2 other firmware updates and had no problems before...

aqua_digital
01.04.2010, 00:39
Hi Jeff

in reply to your question on the same thread on RC the serial port is always port 1, however if using an adapter the post is what ever the USB driver is sitting on, as you are switching over to a USB adapter. Go to device manager when the adapter is plugged in and see what port the adapter is using.

gqjeff
01.04.2010, 00:45
no I am using a serial cable.. also where it says Hex File how do you change it for plusII

aqua_digital
01.04.2010, 00:58
Hi
Its too long for me to copy and paste so page 67 of the manual gives you step by step instructions and the download section gives you what fujitsu tool to use

You are trying to install the right firmware - Plus II not P3?

gqjeff
01.04.2010, 01:01
I am back online. Weird when it restarted it showed firmware 5p also and then when I pulled up the 5.0.0.12 software all my info was there and all the probe values were correct. I thought it was going to be all in default mode? This is the only way I will ever do a download again.. This is fast and easy and no dropout.

Um no the software and firmware are II specific.

gqjeff
01.04.2010, 01:14
hmm seems all for nothing as my 5.0.0.12 program already froze.....:(

mshur
01.04.2010, 01:56
I am getting error"
this file is unsutable for this device

first time i am getting this error message while upgrading firmware

mshur
01.04.2010, 01:59
downloaded a wrong file:)

patrick vachon
01.04.2010, 04:56
Wow! I install the new soft and firm ware and no problem of lan comunication throughout the evening! 15,000 transmition, 0 error to 25 ms. I am glad that this problem settled. thank you for your very good work!

One thing, I have been forced to use flash fr en because I still had a failure during the update the firm ware. I never managed to make an update to firm ware without a failure.
I try with USB and RS232-USB converter and nothing works. Flash fr still works with her the first time. Why I have this problem?? When I do the update the firm ware, I start the procedure, after I save over the screen Profilux . At all the times its frozen and failure! pl3 then died, I have to use flash.:confused:

Matthias
01.04.2010, 06:57
Patrick,

what about the built-in USB-port? Why can't you use this one?

mshur
01.04.2010, 06:57
Definately better connection! 4,5 hours with only 2 fail, not bad.
But, with second fauld PCT didnt restart and i got error 50. i use USB to upgrade. didnt have any problem to upgrade, went pretty smooth.

mshur
01.04.2010, 07:03
Matthias,
I wonder why we never had this problem before. I have this system for long time and no one ever expirience this problem with connection.Since i upgraded to P3..thats it, everyone seems to having this issue.

But, still the best controller out there!

patrick vachon
01.04.2010, 13:02
Patrick,

what about the built-in USB-port? Why can't you use this one?

I am not sure I understand your question

my laptop just has USB output, I use a USB-serial converter cable. But impossible to do an update without failure. I also try with the USB cable that comes with the pl3ex but still a failure. The problem is once the new firmware downloaded an application for the save appears on the screened pl3, I save selects and starts the procedure on computer. During the process of erasure software freezes and nothing more.

but it works very well with flashfr.

thank you

aqua_digital
01.04.2010, 13:17
I advise all my support cases to use the flash tool only, I have never been able to use any other method. but this is a positive not a negative, the flash tool is 100% stable and the most reliable way to do updates.

My own advise to all the people contacting me, please use the flash tool, it is fail safe.

Mike - I think the reasons are more in the fact we are still in development stage and if you look at the file size of the firmware it is so much bigger than the Plus II, so more data is being transferred, giving more time for drop outs.

The future I am convinced for the P3 uploads should be web based, you would never have an issue again (I am told ;) )

Any updates in future just use the flash tool - simple easy and not stress ;)

Onto the conection itself, yes it is rock solid, I have had mine running since the weekend, not one drop out.

Jeff - freezes, this can happen if your pc goes into sleep mode, this is normal. You will then get error 50 when coming out of sleep mode. Why - the pc stopped communicating with the profiLux not the other way round.

aqua_digital
01.04.2010, 13:24
Patrick - Are you acepting the download on the profilix controller screen before pressing OK on the PC screen?

This is common reason for freeze becuase the profiLux is waiting for your direct command on its keypad.

There also is no reason why you can not use direct USB to USB from your laptop to the ProfiLux.

I also wonder how many users are not using the GHL RS232 cable with their converters? If you just plug the RS232 lead on the converter into the back of the profiLux you will never be able to do updates, you must still use the GHL led plugged into the serial end of the converter.

I had two support cases where clients had snapped bits off on the converter to make it fit the ProfiLux or one complained it was not compatible.

Matthias may disagree but the for the sanity of support I ask my support cases please use the flash tool everyone. ;)

Matthias
01.04.2010, 13:46
always the same: we can do here updates on any PC (several windows versions) on any ProfiLux (II, IIeX, 3, 3eX ...etc.) - not one update ever failed with ProfiLuxControl

aqua_digital
01.04.2010, 13:48
So i guess its just us then :confused: ;)

mshur
01.04.2010, 14:37
So far: transmission totals:54530 and 0- failed!

So far thats the best i ever had with p3

Blahenazo
01.04.2010, 19:22
just updated with serial/usb convertor and had no problems.

This FW was not destructive @ all. PAB was still configured + sensors calibrated. just reloaded parameters from file just to be sure.

PaxRoma
03.04.2010, 03:53
just want to post my latest attempt to upgrade from "o" to "p" via GHL supplied USB cable
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj126/txttg_tran/error.jpg
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj126/txttg_tran/error2.jpg

Bigman
03.04.2010, 10:19
Same error here.
I alwayes try Profiluxcontrol first, but ending up with FR to recover.

Alwayes uses seriel connection when uploading new firmware.

/Bigman

aqua_digital
03.04.2010, 13:18
Yep

Until updates are available over LAN please use either a serial cable OR the Flash tool, my personal preference is the flash tool.

USB to USB is unstable and should not be used.

However the good news is "P" eliminates the drop out issues in most cases, of course this is dependant on your home network being stable in the first place ;)

Ken Good
03.04.2010, 22:08
I have used all three ways to update to firmware "p": usb to usb, usb to serial, and flasher. Flasher is a great program and was alway rock solid. Usb to serial is also stable and rock solid. I have not been able to use the usb to usb once for "p." I have tried at least three times. Each time that the program gets to the point in the updating of the firmware where the profilux 3 is shut down, the usb to usb loses connection or communication. I am wondering if somewhere the things getting turned off is including something connected to the usb port on the p3. Just my two cents.

Ken

Ken Good
03.04.2010, 22:09
By the way I love firmware "p."

Ken

Matthias
04.04.2010, 10:27
thanks to all for the feedback

we and other users have never problems while updating over onboard USB, other users have this problems in most cases
I guess this is a driver or windows problem

next week we will examine this issue closer

aqua_digital
04.04.2010, 12:49
I have just tried mine and yes it fails at exactly the point the Power bar gets switched off.

There are two threads running with the same topic right now, more info can be found here

http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Forum/showthread.php?p=11470#post11470

Great walk through feedback, i think this has really helped find a swift solution.

:)