PDA

View Full Version : Problem after upgrading to 2.0 , no connection with Profilux

mshur
27.03.2010, 23:34
Just did upgrade to 2.0 and i cannot connect SMS to Profilux.
PFC wouldnt connect to profilux and i see erro 1 on View screen. Soon as i uncheck "seach for SMS" i have no problem to connect with profilux.
I did twice and still the same errow.

Matthias
29.03.2010, 08:43
please give us all details about your complete system

as far as I know you have quite a complicated setup (RS485? 2 ProfiLux on one SMS unit? View? Where is connected what?)

mshur
29.03.2010, 14:49
Profilux3 with ex box with latest updated version.
SMS connected via RS the same way as i have with pII.
P3 connected via LAN at the moment , but i have try with USB just to check SMS and i have the same problem.

P3/ex.box--SMS---view

GHL Support
30.03.2010, 08:51
Hello

I've tested the connection with my ProfiLux3eX + ExpansionBox with the SMS module (connected to ProfiLux RS232).

I can't reproduce the Problems you described here.

Tested with PLC 5.0.0.11 and ProfiLux3eX (FW 5.00o/5.00p) via onboard RS232, USB and LAN.

Things to check:
- SMS module connected properly with the correct serial cable to the ProfiLux RS232
- The cable isn't damaged in any way
- The power supply on the SMS module connected and Supply LED is on
- The SMS module is switched on and Power LED is on and Status LED don't show a hardware error

An other question: is a ProfiLux View connected to the SMS module? It isn't clear for me...

mshur
30.03.2010, 14:12
HEllo,

I will double check everything one more time and will do upgrade as well.
cable doent look damage at all, i didnt have any problems with P2.

How can i see if status LED shows error? Different color ? Status LED is staty yellow

View connected to SMS and i am getting error 1

mike

mshur
30.03.2010, 14:20
I didnt do a upgrade one more time, but i reconected SMS and i have all SM blinking and i cannot connect with Profilux via LAN. PCT trying to reconnect a few times and i am getting error 28. I will do other upgrade after work.
While upgrading do i have to plug power supplly or i can use battery in SMS module?

GHL Support
30.03.2010, 14:44
The manual of the SMS module (site 3) describes the states of the status LED...
If the status LED is yellow (without blinking) the SMS module is ready.

Is the Power LED on?
Is the Supply LED on?

You can't update the SMS module without the power supply...

mshur
30.03.2010, 15:43
All lights are ON..

I will do other upgrade and see, last time i did upgrade without power supplly .maybe that cause a problem, we shall see

mshur
31.03.2010, 05:22
Got it all working!!!

I have no idea what was it, but i disconnect all cables , did other upgrade and Bingo! I think it might be a connection problem somewhere.

Thanks Profilux team !