PDA

View Full Version : Solving connection problems

Matthias
26.03.2010, 08:42
with the newest firmware (5.00n and higher) and the new ProfiLuxControl (5.0.0.11 and higher) we were able to increase the speed and reliability in most cases - but in some cases this produced problems in some environments

I think the reason is that some PCs have problems with the high speed connection - but there is a simple solution:
It is possible to activate a delay in ProfiLuxControl:
Edit the connection settings -> set the checkmark "RS485 delay"

this should be done only if there are connection problems - otherwise it should left unchecked in order to obtain the maximum connection speed

Aqualab
26.03.2010, 15:26
RS485 delay worked - quick connection and response within program!

Thank You

aqua_digital
26.03.2010, 15:33
Quote from RC

"I received a response from Matthias - download 5.00o firmware. But according to download site, that is for the Pro 3, is it not? I own a Pro II. And he also provided the link below, which I believe requires firmware version 5.00o to be installed? "

Answer - From the download list for Plus II Version 5.0m is the latest firmware and 5.011 software.

Aqualab
26.03.2010, 15:39
Thank you - issue resolved using the RS485 solution.

mshur
28.03.2010, 17:35
Matthias,
This is only for USB/RS connection, but what about LAN?

mike

gqjeff
13.04.2010, 17:31
Just a FYI Michael. I have read that and it does nothing clicked or un clicked. No difference I have downloaded both drivers for both chipsets and still connection issues.

aqua_digital
13.04.2010, 17:53
Hi

Can you let me know these answers

What firmware version?
What software version?
ProfiLux 3?
Are you connecting USB to USB or USB to RS232?

gqjeff
13.04.2010, 18:40
PII and the latest software/firmware is loaded. USB to USB also. What's a better more stable connection route?

aqua_digital
13.04.2010, 18:47
LAN is the best ;)

gqjeff
13.04.2010, 19:05
LOL I just sold 1 for $50.....

rui
14.04.2010, 03:55
stupid question but how do you connect lan I have a p3, also what is the latest firmware and control available?!:confused::)

rui
14.04.2010, 13:57
I have the profilux3 which was upgraded from the pIIplus I now get alot of communication errors 61,41,60 etc. I alwys have to log out from the control program unplug my usb cord then restart the control and then plug in the usb to connect. also over sometime the control program just freezes and I get a not responding message from the pc.I have firmware 5.00 to 5.00

if anyone knows a common solution to this problem if you could please help me!!

gqjeff
15.04.2010, 17:51
this happens to me all the time with my USP and PII also.. I am thinking I need to buy a LAN after I just sold one dirt cheap LOL...

Blahenazo
15.04.2010, 19:22
I have the profilux3 which was upgraded from the pIIplus I now get alot of communication errors 61,41,60 etc. I alwys have to log out from the control program unplug my usb cord then restart the control and then plug in the usb to connect. also over sometime the control program just freezes and I get a not responding message from the pc.I have firmware 5.00 to 5.00

if anyone knows a common solution to this problem if you could please help me!!

update to latest fw p and use the last PLC 5.0.0.12.

best to upgrade your FW via serial , or serial USB converter,
if you update directly via USB port disconnect your powerbars first read more here (http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Forum/showpost.php?p=11518&postcount=32)

Crisis
17.12.2010, 22:32
Hello, I have a P3 runing firmaware 5.05f, & Profilux Control 5.0.5.3, I'm using a Mac running VMWare fusion, & Windows XP, I can connect to P3 via USB without problem, but when trying to use LAN, it's very eratic, Profilux Control crashes, there is a popup "Scanning for Network" that keeps poping up in an endless loop.

Blahenazo
18.12.2010, 14:21
I never use the scanning option , most of the time it never finds the P3.

I just get the ip of my P3 and manual add it to plc

Crisis
18.12.2010, 14:30
That's what I have done, but I'm still getting communication errors, I have setup static address on the Profilux, & configured ip address within Profilux control, vmware is configured in bridge mode so it's on the same LAN segment.

spiritflyer
21.12.2011, 22:23
I hope someone can help me.
I keep getting a a message while trying to connect:

'No device has been found at all COM-ports!'

I tried all 4 USB-ports on my computer.

The drivers of the serial-USB adapter have been installed.

After trying all ports for 50 times, it will connect once.
If I disconnect the USB cable after that, problems that once again.

This is really annoying. Hope anyone knows how to fix this.

I already tried the option: RS485 delay

My OS: Windows Seven 32-bits
ProfiluxControl 5.1.0.0

Grtz, Chris

GHL Support
22.12.2011, 09:31
Hello,

have you already read this link: http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Forum/showthread.php?634-Connection-with-USB-please-read-first!
Does your serial/USB-adapter contain the chipset FTDI or Prolific?
Do you use our original serial cable?

spiritflyer
23.12.2011, 20:35
Hi,

tnx for your answer!

I assume I'm using the original serial cable.
I bought my profilux plus 2 form someone who stopped his aquarium.
This cable was included in the package.

What's strange is that I am able to connect once in a while.
But most of the time it refuses.

You think it could be the cable?
Or else I maybe forced to buy a USB extension module :S

Grtz, Chris

GHL Support
27.12.2011, 10:57
It could also be the case that you are not using the latest driver for your serial/USB-adapter
or that the adapter doesn't work correclty and you have to try another one...

mr murphy
19.02.2012, 00:33
hi im wondering if you can help. i was using profilux control 5.1.0. i then downloaded 5.1.1 thinking it would be a updated version of profilux control. so i had 2 profilux controls. i installed my vortech controller ai lighting and all other settings on the 5.1.0 version. settings still showed up in the 5.1.1. i found it difficult to control vortechs using profilux at first but i then was successful in making connection using 5.1.0. pump worked fine. full controll. i noticed that other peoples screenshots of there vortech overviews was different to mine as they had more features so i then downloaded version 5.1.3 which seems to be the latest version as it has settings such as awc, storm. the problem is everytime i click on vortech 1 i get error 41 message then profilux programme closes. please help. i tried updating vortech again then the update failed i think this is because i already have the vortech firmware 2.02.

i just deleted all profilux contriol progammes and installed the older 5.10 and i dont have any problems clicking vortech pump 1 but it does not have the awc strom ect features which the 5.13 version has. how can i upgrade to this without error 41

aqua_digital
19.02.2012, 00:45
You need to also update the firmware of your controller not just load the new software otherwise you will get a miss match and error meassages.

mr murphy
19.02.2012, 01:43
thats what im trying now. im trying to upgrade firmware to 5.11. for some reason i cannot download the firmware off the website. its saying windows cannot open file message. i keep trying and now every time i click on the download it opens up the file so i click to download and profilux control screen opens . its wierd. even though i deleted profilux control again off computer it still opens up when i click the firmware dowload. i deleted profilux control to see if it would let me download the firmware

mr murphy
19.02.2012, 02:09
i managed to extract the file save to desktop then start firmware update. i unplugged powerbar and vortech pab then started update. firstly it said somthing about wait while powerbars... then it said erasing flash, then it said not responding. the error message came and said error while transmitting firmware flash erase no response-8. what does this mean? and is this classed as firmware update fail. will i now have to flash and will i get problems? or should i try again

mr murphy
19.02.2012, 03:26
i have managed to install firmware 5.11 and i have downloaded profliux controll 5.13. i am still experiencing error code when i click vortech pump 1 error code 41. the only reason i can think of is it is a new page not recognized by the vortech controller. the page on 5.10 just had basic timetable of vortech then description underneath. the new page on 5.13 has how you want pump to respond during awc, feed, maintenance

Matthias
24.02.2012, 10:59
you mean ProfiLuxControl 5.1.1.3 ? there is no PLC 5.13

did you also update the VorTech-Controller to 1.03?
http://support.aquariumcomputer.com/english/section.php?sid=8

mr murphy
24.02.2012, 11:48
i have now done it. i had to flash 5.11. onto the profilux. i then downloaded 5.1.1.3 pro control, i then re updated the vortech 1.03 even though it was already on 1.03. (previously when i updated vortech i did it on profilux 5.05 using profilux control 5.10. when tryin to use on updated profilux i was getting communication errors when trying to use the vortechs. everything worked fine after firmware updating profilux and profilux control then firmware updating the vortechs on this programme rather than 5.10. for anyone getting communication errors after upgrading profilux control try updating all pab devices on latest software

Manuel Gomes
15.02.2013, 22:21
i have now done it. i had to flash 5.11. onto the profilux. i then downloaded 5.1.1.3 pro control, i then re updated the vortech 1.03 even though it was already on 1.03. (previously when i updated vortech i did it on profilux 5.05 using profilux control 5.10. when tryin to use on updated profilux i was getting communication errors when trying to use the vortechs. everything worked fine after firmware updating profilux and profilux control then firmware updating the vortechs on this programme rather than 5.10. for anyone getting communication errors after upgrading profilux control try updating all pab devices on latest software

Hello

I have the same error while transmitting firmware flash erase,No Response-8.

I tried to do what you said "for anyone getting communication errors after upgrading profilux control try updating all pab devices on latest software" problem is i can't find any of the Pab devices firmware on the website, do you know where i can find them?, or if there is any other way around this error?

I'm using Profilux Plus II
Firmware version 5.0.3
I was trying to update to the version 5.1.5

Thank you for your time.

Manuel Gomes

Antipodes
16.02.2013, 02:09
Hello

I have the same error while transmitting firmware flash erase,No Response-8.

I tried to do what you said "for anyone getting communication errors after upgrading profilux control try updating all pab devices on latest software" problem is i can't find any of the Pab devices firmware on the website, do you know where i can find them?, or if there is any other way around this error?

I'm using Profilux Plus II
Firmware version 5.0.3
I was trying to update to the version 5.1.5

Hi,
Don't bother trying to update PAB devices for yourself.
As PAB is only available on the P3, you cannot have any PAB units.

For the firmware file for the PII, up on top of the forum page is a downloads button, click on there and it will take you to the new downloads area!
ON the right hand side of that page, it tells you this is underconstruction and offers the original download page.
You will find it there! Attached link HERE (http://support.aquariumcomputer.com/english/section.php?sid=5) for you.

Heliofreixial
04.03.2013, 22:08
Hello,

i'm having a connection problem with a profilux II, with firmware version 5.0p. The profilux don't have usb port, only rs232 and LAN.

I'm using a power lan adapter to bring lan to the device. the profilux gets an ip address and it pings.

But when connecting with the pc software it loses the connection right away. Can't do a telnet to port 10001, but it still pings.

When tryin to update trough the rs232, it shows "error message 28".

I've tried with all the software versions that are available in the downloads page. (5.1.4.3/5.1.5.2/Profilux Control II)

Thank you

GHL Support
07.03.2013, 07:42
RS232-PLC:
Are you using the matching version of ProfiLuxControl to your Firmware? You write, your firmware version is 5.0p.
There is a flash tool to do an emergency firmware update via RS232, if the update has failed.

LAN:
there is no telnet service supported by the PLM-LAN.
The only connection supported is via ProfiLuxControl.

Heliofreixial
07.03.2013, 11:36
Thanks Frank,

i tried first with a software version that used to work, and then i downloaded others versions to try and didn't worked too.

I will try the flash tool. But i don't know for sure what jumper is necessary to set in profilux II. (http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/archive/index.php/t-1274.html)

GHL Support
07.03.2013, 12:01
You have the wrong instruction, this is for ProfiLux 3.
You need this instruction for ProfiLux II (Instructions Firmware Update ProfiLux II):
http://support.aquariumcomputer.com/german/section.php?sid=3

king
21.11.2014, 21:42
Can't get the RS323 adopter to work with my GHL - tried everything i even re installed my Window 7 ( i usually use mac but GHL won't budge and make it mac compatible bearing in mind its 2014 for god sake! and i know there is something called myGhl will be coming out at some point this year but i won't be able to use it as i need to update my flipping FW i still run on the old one because i can not update)

i checked my port com in device manager it works and assigned to com3-

i tried to run com scan on GHL again nothing - tried to match the com In the GHL setting to the one on the device manager list i.e. COM3, it connects but then immediately discconect and give me code 28 !

its really frustrating given the money i paid for two Ghl unites and expransion box mitras and 7 power sockets PAB - Come on this can be real i can't update or connect to hl unit !! and please do not tell me it is a pc issue

aqua_digital
21.11.2014, 21:45
GHL did not make your adapter so they have absolute no control over your unreliable adapter, I think we need to step back a bit here and look at where the problem lies.

Its the adapter that the PC is looking for NOT the ProfiLux.

Assuming you have a P3 controller there is nothing stopping you using the built in USB socket. I assume you have installed both GHL USB drivers for this port.

Buzbie
06.12.2015, 13:48
Is there a way I can change the IP address of the profilux through the unit rather than a direct connection??

Gunther
06.12.2015, 14:22
Is there a way I can change the IP address of the profilux through the unit rather than a direct connection??
It´s possible to change/set the IP at the device via menu.

Buzbie
06.12.2015, 14:26
is there anyway to reset the adapter? never had so many problems before...

Buzbie
06.12.2015, 16:02
How???

keneil01
06.12.2015, 16:54
You can reset to factory defaults on the Profilux unit. Remember to backup first ;-)

Buzbie
06.12.2015, 18:06
done that... I can see the profilux, but it wont connect in the software.... even resorted to updating the flash file with Lantronix software... I must be missing something really easy...

keneil01
06.12.2015, 18:51
Strange. Try to reinstall GCC. Have you tried to connect with USB and LAN? Are you using the latest GCC?

Lasse
07.12.2015, 16:03
He can´t use the Controll Center software because is not suitable for Profilux II as I understand it

Sincerely Lasse

Buzbie
07.12.2015, 17:05
Im now able to use a usb lead into the unit... Not happy though.. will be up for sale soon...

keneil01
07.12.2015, 17:55
Ahh.. I did not catch that it was a Profilux II.