PDA

View Full Version : eX board

wesheltonj
24.03.2010, 02:41
I cannot get it to accept the eX board now that I have upgraded to 3. I run the eX upgrade and restart the box by unplugging it and plugging it back in and still nothing. Running version O. IT looks like it disconnect when I confirm

Matthias
24.03.2010, 08:15
are you using newest firmware 5.00o and newest ProfiLuxControl 5.0.0.11?

I just updated a P3 to a P3eX with 5.00o using PLC 5.0.0.11 - it works as it should

wesheltonj
24.03.2010, 13:49
Yes, I am using the latest software and the latest firmware. It seems to disconnect then I press update.

boboxx
24.03.2010, 13:52
how are you connecting? USB, serial or IP

wesheltonj
24.03.2010, 15:09
serial connection

wesheltonj
25.03.2010, 00:42
>>>Then the serial is not being accepted and the card needs resetting. The EX card was programmed prior to leaving here it did not need doing.

Please post your issue here and GHL will sort it out for you. www.aquariumcomputer.com/forum I do not have access to the reset key, sorry.

Regards

Michael Hall

I Need the reset key. Thanks

PS: Having second thought with upgrading, nothing works. First board arrived damaged, then PAB board, now cannot get computer to accept eX board, and my AI fixture does not accepting the commands from the computer too.

boboxx
25.03.2010, 01:00
wow your having a ruff time... hang in there it will come in place and will all be worth the upgrade :)

aqua_digital
25.03.2010, 12:46
I think we need to take a breathe here ;)

Firstly and most important we are here to help and will get you up and running.

To clarify your points.

1. yes you received a broken key pad on first shipment, this was replaced.

2. You broke the PAB board we replaced for free.

3. I remember now we did not do the upgrade for you sorry i got confused with another client, we were going to do it but instead we sent you the replacement PAB for free. Correct?

4. Something in doing the upgrade yourself has not gone right, so the EX card is not being recognised.

To cure all this -

Proves we should be doing all upgrades :(
You may need to send the controller in finally for us to rectify the issues. Maybe when the EX card was refited some pins got bent? that would be the first check I would make, then after check the ribbon cable.

wesheltonj
25.03.2010, 19:20
I already checked for bent pins. The box says slot 0 serial, slot 1 serial. When I press yes on the software up perform the eX upgrade on my computer it disconnects and does nothing.

aqua_digital
25.03.2010, 19:23
Hi

Please can you email me at sales@aqua-digital.com and we will address this directly

wesheltonj
25.03.2010, 23:37
Ok I will have to wait for Matthias’s response sorry

Regards

Michael Hall

Deleted software from my computer and download software again from GHL site and reinstalled, reinstalled firmware o, and when I press yes, to the yes, no, cancel then software shows no connection still.

This sounds like a software or firmware glitch, can you upload the latest firmware and also reload to the latest software if already the latest just delete and reload.

Regards

OK back home, check the pin connection again. When the choice is yes, no, cancel and I press yes, my computer software turns to no connection.

aqua_digital
27.03.2010, 00:20
If you have lost your serial numbers then this is why the unit will not update, matthias can provide new ones for you and the recovery process

wesheltonj
27.03.2010, 00:23
I have not lost any serial numbers, it just will not connect when I press yes. in either the Demo mode or the actual control mode.

wesheltonj
27.03.2010, 01:32
I would like a list of files that are written to the registry and any hidden files. I wish to erase anything Profilux off my computer.

aqua_digital
27.03.2010, 04:02
From RC

Nothing is written to the registry? I have deleted the above 5 times now and have installed the latest each time and I still cannot get the eX card to work. It disconnects when using the actual program and the Demo program.

Which means that one (1) the Profilux software is bad (bug) or (2) the P3 board is defective. (I was thinking that there has to be a file that is conflicting, but if nothing is written to the registry, then that's most likely not it.) Is there a new software version out this weekend? or just a new firmware?.

If that does not work do I need to send the whole thing back you in Canada or to Germany?

Answer - No it is not bad software, if it was software everyone would have the same issue, and highly unlikely the board is defective as they are all tested in germany and also by myself prior to shipping

To resolve yes the unit will have to be sent to us for repair. Please email me for instructions