PDA

View Full Version : Need help on ProfiLux ll light

M@rine Lover
21.03.2010, 13:55
Hi all,

I have 4 meanwell dimmable power supplies and would like to make use of the ProfiLux's 1-10V port for my diy LED lighting.

Can I connect the ProfiLux II light's 1-10V port directly to Meanwell dimming function control pin instead of using aLF-abox or EVG-AP board in between?

Isit a must to use LF-abox or EVG-AP board? why?

Blahenazo
21.03.2010, 20:19
I'm not sure on my reply:
but I bleieve that those card make sure that the power is 'really' off when you dim to 0 %
This is important on T5 dimming , don't know if the meanwells need those.

M@rine Lover
22.03.2010, 03:28
I'm not sure on my reply:
but I bleieve that those card make sure that the power is 'really' off when you dim to 0 %
This is important on T5 dimming , don't know if the meanwells need those.

It's ok for me if the meanwell output is not fully cut off when 10v drop 0 because by then, the timer will switch off the main meanwell power supply that I have connected from AC main.

Matthias
22.03.2010, 09:13
the LF-ABOX provides a cut-off for the mains power supply at 0%

the LBF-AP makes wiring easier: one side western plugs for ProfiLux - other side screw terminals

M@rine Lover
22.03.2010, 13:22
the LF-ABOX provides a cut-off for the mains power supply at 0%

the LBF-AP makes wiring easier: one side western plugs for ProfiLux - other side screw terminals

Hi Matthias,

If I make use of the ProfiLux's powerbar to cut off the main AC (110v) to the Meanwell power supply by setting timer. Since there is no ac 110v to the Meanwell power supply, no output voltage will supply to the led lighting so I will not need a LF-ABOX here. Am I right to say that or otherwise?

Regards.
James

GHL Support
22.03.2010, 18:25
You are right and its more simple that you think. Don't use a timer just use the Illumination function at your powerbar. It will cut of power automatically if the dimmvoltage is 0% and switch it automatically on if its 1%-100%.

M@rine Lover
23.03.2010, 00:53
You are right and its more simple that you think. Don't use a timer just use the Illumination function at your powerbar. It will cut of power automatically if the dimmvoltage is 0% and switch it automatically on if its 1%-100%.

Thanks Martin.

I'm clear now :p.