PDA

View Full Version : Profilux is dead

rob campman
20.03.2010, 19:07
Hi,

i tried to upgrade from 4.04 to 5.00m and my profilux kept hanging at "download in progress...".

I disconnected the power after 10 minutes. probably not a good idea.

now it only gives a full row of blocks in top of the display, using the jumper and flash tool like in the manual does not work.. it just won't reset and go in download mode.

Problem is probably using a usb-serial cable.

I ordered a ghl serial cable, but will this solve my problem? or should i send it to ghl?

Kind regards....

patrick vachon
20.03.2010, 20:07
do a search on the forum flash FR. This is a tool for retrieving the profilux after a failed firmware. I had the same problem and flash EN everything settled

Blahenazo
20.03.2010, 20:39
take a deep breath and calm down :)
then read / do this :

http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=1274

patrick vachon
21.03.2010, 00:43
is this the same method for the p3 and p2? because the link is for the p3. I wonder if the info was entered en flash are the same for p2 and p3?

Matthias
21.03.2010, 10:30
in most cases it also works over USB

the recovery procedure for PII and P3 are different

I think Rob used the correct instructions

Since you ordered now the ProfiLux-SER-cable I assume you are not using a ProfiLux-SER-cable between USB-adaptor and ProfiLux? This is not allowed, this can cause problems during power on (no reset performed).
When removing the direct connected USB-converter ProfiLux will reset again correctly after power-on.

rob campman
21.03.2010, 15:11
thanks, it works flawlesly now..

I had to take out the cable and then reset.

Ken Good
06.04.2010, 01:28
take a deep breath and calm down :)

Always very good advice when you think that you have destroyed the heart and brains of your aquarium.

Ken