PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble with my setup

Gullforce
16.03.2010, 12:38
Hi,
I purchased a Profilux III eX with a view to helping me automate my tank system. I have now been trying to setup my Profilux for 2 weeks and seem to be in the same position now, as I was when I started.
To briefly describe my setup,
I have the Profilux III eX connected to a PC by cat5e patch cable and installed ProfiLuxControl V 5.0.0.10 on the PC in my fish room which is running Windows XP. I also have 1 x 6 way switchable digital powerbar connected to the profilux.
I believe that I have the powerbar installed correctly as I am able to turn on a device plugged into socket 1 by using the keypad on the front of the Profilux unit
The only way I have been able to 'see' the Profilux from the PC has been to obtain a static IP address on the PC punch it into the Profilux. At the end of last week I was able to see the Profilux by typing in the IP address into the address bar on the PC in Internet Explorer. Since then I have been able to 'connect' using ProfiLuxControl on 2 occasions. I really dont know what I was doing, but as I adjusted things, ie trying to setup powerbars etc, any time I hit save, I got an error message saying connection failed, and all information was lost.

As you can tell this is my first attempt at such a device, and to say that I am struggling big time is an understatement. I have read every instruction manual, setup guide etc and am none the wiser.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hamish

Matthias
16.03.2010, 13:25
Hi

5.0.0.10 (BETA) was not supporting saving settings in devices with firmware below 5.00n (5.00 ... 5.00m)

solution:
use ProfiLuxControl 5.0.0.11

http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/System__E_/Download/download.html

Gullforce
16.03.2010, 14:19
Thanks Matthias. I will try the new version.