PDA

View Full Version : Firmware upgrade and parameter 'save' failure

Moggs
13.03.2010, 14:50
Hi. I have upgraded my Profilux Plus 2 Ex to Firmware 5 and Software 5. I had to flash the Profilux as the upgrade failed. All seems to be OK and I have changed some settings manually. I can read these into the software but all my attempts to update parameters with a 'save' command from the software result in a comms failure message. This didn't happen with FW and SW 4.

Can anyone help please?

boboxx
13.03.2010, 14:57
you cant save the config from version 4 to 5... take a few screen shot of the configs.

Moggs
13.03.2010, 15:29
Thanks. I realise the incompatibility but this is an issue of saving newly configured parameters in version 5. The software won't write them. It fails on a comms failure. I'm using a usb to serial adaptor which worked OK in versions 4. The laptop reads the data into the software ok but refuses to write new values, failing on comms. I've set the comms port to 9600 baud and the software clearly recognises the connection, as it reads data from the Profilux. I've reinstalled the software and the usb port correctly recognises the drivers for the usb - rs232 adaptor. I'm puzzled.

Matthias
15.03.2010, 08:17
this will be solved in today's update

Moggs
15.03.2010, 11:57
Thanks Matthias - appreciated.