PDA

View Full Version : cannnot update f/w

ahellary
11.03.2010, 19:07
hi guys have just got a p3 ex and it came with 5..0.0i and id like to update it to the latest version ..... before i do too much

i have the proficontrol 5.0.09 i have 2 lap tops one vist 64 bit and the other vista 32 bit both business versions i have the laest usb drivers on both pcs av responce tine is 56 ms
after i say yes to the down load on both the pc and the controller it says erasing flash then after a while i get the error flasherase no responce -8

both pcs exibit the same problem

im new to the controler but im a pc profesional

im a little dissapointed that i cannont update neither pc has a rs232 port but both have lan ports and the lan is set on the controler and you cannot update that way either i haqve looked at the flash tool and that has 2 errors when the device is off it cannont find the com port tried the switch on with in a couple of seconds still no good it looks like im stuck with the older verion which isnt very good

please help as id like to move forward

i have added 2 exra cards in the unit a second redox interface and a card for 2 more lighing connections ... as yet i havent puggen in any sockets i have the pab set

ahellary
12.03.2010, 07:36
ok found an old pc with a serial port and have up graded to 5m i hope all futher f/w loads will be via usb or lan as i had to take the unit into work to flash it

now i cant get the pab power bar to do any thing

ahellary
12.03.2010, 08:44
ok got that sorted also

gradually rewiring the tank now