PDA

View Full Version : illumination question from RC

aqua_digital
11.03.2010, 15:37
Support case moved -

From - Brascal 1
I've got the VHOs plugged into Socket 1, I've got Illumination 1 set to go on at 8am and off at 7pm. I've got socket 1 set to Illumination 1. Yet when 8am came this morning the light did not go on. On the physical power bar S1 LED is red. On Socket1 within PC software it is red as well. This is the only device I have setup and only one PAB power bar plugged in.

aqua_digital
11.03.2010, 15:40
Possible cause IF all settings are correct -

Too much load on one socket at initial strike has welded the relay shut, as per discussion on RC, only 1 VHO should ever be put on one socket to protect the relays.

VHO ballasts have a bad habit of striking a millisecond in rush current way exceeding any protection of a relay.

Unplug VHO, plug in any other low current device and then set the socket to "always on in socket function outlet" If unit come on then fault is with lamp and not fried power bar.

BRascal1
11.03.2010, 16:07
That wasn't it, I set socket 1 & 2 to always on, went down to controller and both are now red (only socket 1 was red). Unplugged VHOs and plugged into reg outlet - they are working fine.

When I say VHOs I mean plural as I am driving 2 bulbs with one ballast.

aqua_digital
11.03.2010, 16:09
what is the status LED on the power bar, off or on?

Just becuase the software may say the socket should be on if not programmed correctly then the power bar will not react to the signal

BRascal1
11.03.2010, 16:33
I don't see a 'status' LED. I have a COM LED which is blinking amber, a Power LED which is Green, then all S#'s are off except S1 & S2 which are red.

worth noting is that I do NOT have the Digital powerbar connected on S1-S4 checked as I was told that plugging it into PAB was right way to do so. So I don't know what you mean about 'programming the power bar'... as I see there is an option that is greyed out that states "Program digital powerbar or dosing pump unit...."

aqua_digital
11.03.2010, 16:36
tick the box for digital power bar and please refer to the PAB manual

http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Download/Description_PAB_V500.pdf

BRascal1
11.03.2010, 16:41
Thank you - that manual did NOT come with my setup - explains alot of why I'm running in circles!

Matthias
12.03.2010, 19:54
of which powerbar type exactly are we talking about - what is printed on the label?
where is it plugged in?

BRascal1
12.03.2010, 21:50
Profilux Aquatic Bus Powerbar6D-USA/CND-APB 125VAC 60Hz Max 1875W

I've got it plugged into the (15) PAB port

Matthias
13.03.2010, 09:28
then you need nothing to do - the checkbox "digital powerbar is on S1-S4" (or similar) is only for the Powerbar6D (without "PAB")

when the yellow LED is blinking then the ProfiLux is "talking" to the powerbar

check the numbering of the powerbar

you can see if the sockets are working as expected with "manual override" under system->socket functions - click on the boxes left to the socket names, now they toggle the state, the powerbar should react

BRascal1
13.03.2010, 12:40
If I don't check that box I don't get the options to program the bar. Either way checked or unchecked the manual override does not seem to work. the timers and the illumination on the bar are now working but not pumps.

Matthias
15.03.2010, 08:19
these options are not for setting your Powerbar6D-PAB, they are only for setting the Powerbar6D (without "PAB")

you can program the numbering of the Powerbar6D-PAB sockets only on the device yet, as it is mentioned in the manual (see link above)