PDA

View Full Version : AI LED new model not following Profilux program

Aqualab
11.03.2010, 01:48
I programmed my lighting preferences (Illumination 1&2) into the Profilux controller using the standard RS232 cable and my laptop. I then unplugged the laptop from the Profilux and plugged in the AI cable (the AI LED light module uses the Profilux RS232 port also, so you can't connect your computer to the Profilux via the RS232 at the same time). Need to have a Profilux WLAN or USB module installed in the controller to connect to the laptop.

The AI LED is not following/responding to the program I input. Does the AI LED light need to be recognized by the profilux controller similar to the way the pH probe and Cond probe are recognized? Do you need to have the AI LED module connected to the profilux controller when configuring the lighting program on the Profilux controller via a laptop?

Preferences were saved, loaded, checked, etc.... doubble checked everything multiple times. Lights are running at 100% both blue and white. Bad cable? I only waited over 7-weeks for the new cable from AI - getting/already am **********! I cannot use manual overide to check light dimming - waiting for USB module (Friday) so I can plug in my laptop and LED lights at same time (RS232).

Matthias
11.03.2010, 08:32
when you used the RS232 for connecting the ProfiLux to a PC this RS232 port is reserved for a PC connection and it stops communicating with AI (otherwise there would be conflicts)

-> restart the AI-communication: go to menu "special lamps" on the device itself, confirm your AI settings and save them
now the communication to AI is started again until the next communication to your PC

read more about this in the manual

Aqualab
11.03.2010, 13:06
I read the manual. I used the controller to verify lighting preferences and saved same. (already programmed into the Profilux controller) Light is not responding to Profilux programming. At this time in the morning, blue should be at 8%, white 0% per program as verified on the Profilux controller - the light is 100% blue and white! Cause - Cable, Light or Profilux?

Aqualab
11.03.2010, 13:20
Got it. I verified/saved program under Illum 1&2 on the Profilux itself - I did not go to special lamp menu and verify/save.

Thank You

Aqualab
11.03.2010, 18:30
I have run through the program using the controller's menu................ verified my lighting preferences for both Illum 1 and 2 and saved. Then went to special lamp on menu and verified new lamp and dimmable - saved. The Profilux is showing illum1 at 1% which is wrong - should be 100%! Illum 2 at 1% which is wrong - should be 100%! Why is the controller not only not saving data but also displaying wrong intensity? No where in my program do I call for 1% at any time of day! What is the problem!?!

Bill

Aqualab
11.03.2010, 18:43
I can manually manipulate light intensity for both Illum 1 & 2.

aqua_digital
11.03.2010, 22:39
If you can manually adjust it then the Ai works, the cable works and the profiLux works.

The only thing left would be that you missing something out in what Matthias described to you.

Please go back over this.

Also make sure you have the controller set to the same time as your local time and moon phse is not in place.

Aqualab
12.03.2010, 15:18
It was Moonphase - thank you aqua_digital. I'm not going to even ask why that would have overidden the programming and kept the lights at 1%. Did not see that described in the manual either. I think the GHL equipment is top notch, as is your support. But ............. I got to tell you that I think the manual is seriously lacking. Whether it is the German to English translation or the manual was written by a computer programmer for computer programmers, either way it doesn't matter. Trying to comprehend/understand the operation/instructions is difficult. And I know I am not the only one who has problems with the manual, just read the boards on here and ReefCentral. I build/operate/troubleshoot industrial environmental treatment systems for a living which includes understanding/reading ladder logic so I do have an understanding of command/control systems from various manufacturers incl. Honeywell, Siemens, Johnson, etc..... Just my opinion.

wcho
12.05.2010, 16:29
hate to say that I am going through the same problem I verified/saved on the controller , special lamp ----> AI----> saved. AI 1---> Dim-able saved,AI 2---> Dim-able saved as mentioned above. what am I missing? it doesn't seem complicated. still AI unites have 100% intensity, does not response to P3. My eyes are burning keep looking at the lights. what else should I try?:(

any help appreciated.

It was Moonphase - thank you aqua_digital. I'm not going to even ask why that would have overidden the programming and kept the lights at 1%. Did not see that described in the manual either. I think the GHL equipment is top notch, as is your support. But ............. I got to tell you that I think the manual is seriously lacking. Whether it is the German to English translation or the manual was written by a computer programmer for computer programmers, either way it doesn't matter. Trying to comprehend/understand the operation/instructions is difficult. And I know I am not the only one who has problems with the manual, just read the boards on here and ReefCentral. I build/operate/troubleshoot industrial environmental treatment systems for a living which includes understanding/reading ladder logic so I do have an understanding of command/control systems from various manufacturers incl. Honeywell, Siemens, Johnson, etc..... Just my opinion.

Matthias
18.05.2010, 08:59
are we talking about newest firmware and ProfiLuxControl?

did you try "old" and "new" model for AI?

wcho
18.05.2010, 16:16
Yes that's the first thing I tried.didn't work I am waiting for the new cable to try out. I hope it works otherwise I don't know what the problem is.

the serial port seems fine I was able to update the firmware with it.

We'll see

TheManicFishkeeper
18.05.2010, 23:17

Mattias,

I have been working with this gentleman for a couple of days trying to sort this issue out and I'm stumped. At first I suspected that the Moonphase simulation was overriding the programmed Dim curves, but the light does not respond to Manual control under either (in either "old" or "new" settings).

Matthias
19.05.2010, 07:43
checklist:
- newest firmware and newest ProfiLuxControl used?
- tested model "old" and "new"?
- assignment of illumination channels to blue and white ok?

hint: if you used the RS232 to connect to PC then the AI communication will be stopped (otherwise there would be a transmission conflict)
-> solution: connect AI, confirm AI settings on the ProfiLux directly, AI communication will be restarted

wcho
19.05.2010, 21:20
Well The AI Connection cable goes to RS232 there shouldn't have the transmission conflict to worry about.

if it's a communication problem, it might be the Channel settings maybe.. I just left 1 and 2 for White and Blue.

Is there anything I can try on channel settings before the new cable comes?

Thanks

checklist:
- newest firmware and newest ProfiLuxControl used?
- tested model "old" and "new"?
- assignment of illumination channels to blue and white ok?

hint: if you used the RS232 to connect to PC then the AI communication will be stopped (otherwise there would be a transmission conflict)
-> solution: connect AI, confirm AI settings on the ProfiLux directly, AI communication will be restarted

Matthias
20.05.2010, 07:40
you can't do more than assigning channels 1 and 2 to blue and white and then change the brightness manually - the lamp must react then

mr murphy
04.10.2011, 23:31
did you ever get to the bottom of the problem. i have profilux 3 ex and ai lighting i dont have a clue how to programme lighting and because there is only one rs232 port does this mean after programming lights, while the lights are running they have to be plugged into profilux? and if i then want to control profilux on the pc for anything else id have to plug out lighting then connect profilux to pc? is this correct. and can somebody help me with programming lights schedual

aqua_digital
04.10.2011, 23:55
Then add PLM-RS232 interface card