PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading & DALI

Matthias
25.03.2009, 08:04
Hi Matthias,

I have a question. I bought my Profilux plus II a long time ago. Because something went wrong i had to manualy upgrade my firmware once.

Now i want to upgrade my Profilux Plus II.

In the future i want to use DALI to dim my lights because DALI is less cables. I also want to measure ORP and Conductivity.

What is the best way to upgrade. Should i upgrade to the EX and buy the dali card, or should i wait for the Profilux III?

Thank you,

Gilles

A: I recommend to update to the eX now, the PII eX can be updated later to a PIII eX. DALI will be an option in either case.

Gilles
10.04.2009, 07:31
Hi Mathias, thank you for your message. I checked yesterday, and i allready have the PII EX. The PCB inside the unit tells me i have V1.08.

I also want to connect my Profilux II (ex) to LAN. Therefore i need the LAN card which costs €120. Do you have ANY idea (no pricing or dates! just a guess) on what the upgrade to the PIII is going to cost?

Also, you mentioned in the announcement of the PIII that it was to early to apply for beta testing. Now that we are 6 months later...
If you need a beta tester from the Netherlands, i'm available. I live near the german border so i can also drive to Germany to meet if that is required. I am a software engineer (Microsoft Certified) and i have much experience in software testing. You don't have to answer this now but this is just me saying i would really want to help you deliver a great product.

Functions i am using the PII for:
- Conductivity
- ORP
- PH
- Lights (future: digital addressable light interface / DALI)
- 6 socket digital powerbar

I am thinking about expanding this with the dosing unit.

Matthias
12.04.2009, 09:43
it is still too early - when we made some more progress we should discuss this again

Gilles
12.04.2009, 14:09
Allright, just let me know oke! No stress ;)