PDA

View Full Version : dosing pump cable

chrisrush
04.03.2010, 22:04
For my old tank, I had my dosing pump setup in my laundry room and I ran a cable in the wall and dropped it down into the attic. Unfortunately, I have left the cable at the old house and now I want to connect my dosing pump back to my tank. Does anyone know where I can buy the 6pin cable to connect the dosing pump to the power bars? I bought my previous cable at Lowes but I cannot find it anymore.

Thanks,
Chris

Matthias
05.03.2010, 08:29
you can use any 6pole 1:1 cable - no crossover! all pins must be used!

we can ship it as spare part

chrisrush
05.03.2010, 15:17
Thanks Matthias. Can the cable be found locally?

you can use any 6pole 1:1 cable - no crossover! all pins must be used!

we can ship it as spare part

boboxx
05.03.2010, 15:19
yes, it's a digital phone line, just make sure it's got 6 pins, and that it's strait (not a cross over like matthias sayed)

chrisrush
05.03.2010, 15:21
Thanks Christian. I know you and Matthias are not in the US, but have you seen these cables online or in a store?

yes, it's a digital phone line, just make sure it's got 6 pins, and that it's strait (not a cross over like matthias sayed)

boboxx
05.03.2010, 16:14
Ya I usualy go to Maine every now and then and I was at Mardens surplus and they had some :)

Your typical Walmart, Lowes, HomeDepo should have it. Or if you know some one in the telecomunication field, just asked them for a digital phone cord :)

chrisrush
08.03.2010, 18:07
Found one and have it hooked up, but no communication between the dosing pump and the controller has been established. I believe that I can daisy chain the dosing pump off the digital power bar, correct? Do I need to re-number the pump #'s in the software? I have the digital powerbar connected on S1-S4 and the analog on S5-S8. The 2 dosing pumps that I am using are on S1 and S2.

Ya I usualy go to Maine every now and then and I was at Mardens surplus and they had some :)

Your typical Walmart, Lowes, HomeDepo should have it. Or if you know some one in the telecomunication field, just asked them for a digital phone cord :)

boboxx
08.03.2010, 18:44
well if there is no communication it's not a strait cable, test each pin to make sure they are not reversed with a multi meter or a cable tester.

chrisrush
08.03.2010, 18:49
I guess I mean the yellow light isn't on, but one of the pump (red) lights is flashing continuously. I suspect that means that something is not hooked up correctly, right?

well if there is no communication it's not a strait cable, test each pin to make sure they are not reversed with a multi meter or a cable tester.

boboxx
08.03.2010, 19:14
yes... before connecting, make sure cable 1=1, 2=2, 3=3,,,6=6 etc. on the othere side, dont connect untill you know for sure it's good cabel to use, you could damadge teh doser or the profilux!

chrisrush
08.03.2010, 19:46
Unfortunately, I don't have a cable tester nor a multimeter.

Not sure what I can do about it.

yes... before connecting, make sure cable 1=1, 2=2, 3=3,,,6=6 etc. on the othere side, dont connect untill you know for sure it's good cabel to use, you could damadge teh doser or the profilux!

boboxx
08.03.2010, 20:04
you can usualy see the cable color in the connector

chrisrush
08.03.2010, 20:08
Good point. All the colors line up when looking at them. Guess that is as close to straight as I can check.

you can usualy see the cable color in the connector