PDA

View Full Version : Update on ION Director Dispatches

Scuba-Dooba
14.03.2023, 07:02
Hey guys,

What is the status of the ION Director availability again? Late last year you mentioned that the sensors were available again but we are still not yet seeing anything about the actual full units being shipped.

Particularly us down here in Australia ... our local fish shops can't seem to get ANY details from your distributors and some of us have now been waiting near on TWO YEARS for the devices to become available.

Any expediting of stock down to us really would be greatly appreciated. The ongoing delays are frustrating to say the least

Matthias
14.03.2023, 16:22
Hi,

I said that we successfully designed our own sensors, tested many samples of them, and are waiting for raw material to produce those in series. This was around end of last year.

first about Australia:
1. Distributor Aquadepot cancelled all IONDs over a month ago because he didn't want to wait any longer, he got a full refund from us and said he would refund his customers. I expect that these dealers then also informed their customers and refunded them, too. -> so there are no open orders for Australian dealers or distributor

2. if you have trouble to order from a dealer then contact GHL directly

To the IOND shipment in general. Getting better every day, we have NEARLY all components we need for the series production of IOND sensors in town.

Please contact GHL directly for the newest official update about shipment dates. THanks.

Scuba-Dooba
14.03.2023, 23:42
Thanks Matthias, I'll let my local shop know as they have heard nothing from the distributor to date and we don't want to see a situation where he takes your refund but fails to pass it back to the small guys.

What would be the best way to contact you guys direct to arrange the purchase and shipping of an ION kit? Seems we have not real paths to do it down here unfortunately.

Cheers

Scuba-Dooba
06.04.2023, 13:45
Hi Matthius,

Further to my previous, my local fish shop has advised that the distributor have not refunded anyone to date and in fact there have been issues even getting into contact with said distributor.

You mentioned that if we are having trouble ordering through dealer to contact you (GHL) direct. What would be the best way to make that contact so we can place an order as soon as possible please and get the unit direct from you without any further excessive delays?

Many thanks

Gael
06.04.2023, 14:07
Hello,

https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/support/tickets-enquiries/ (Guest login)

Gaël

Tastyfish
24.04.2023, 15:47
Hi GHL Team,

Everything seems to have again gone quiet on the IonD that I and many others ordered 2+ years ago.

Could you please let us have an update, even if it’s just an estimate on availability?

Thanks!

Rob

FrozenReef
22.06.2023, 12:14
Hi GHL team,
It's been 2 month's since Tastyfish's request for an update.
Any news?
Any advice for how we should be maintaining our Ion directors during this hiatus assuming most of us still have it plugged in and pipes connected.
Thanks
J

Tastyfish
24.06.2023, 09:59
The most recent statement I can find is on Reef2Reef.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/ion-director-news.986510/#post-11495811

It’s the weekend, so not expecting an update whilst the weather is beautiful (other than when I was in Germany on Thursday ??) but it would be great to have some official GHL comms as an update as I try not to use that site.

Tastyfish
29.06.2023, 10:06
Any update would be appreciated. We don’t mind bad news, (we’ve been waiting for a number of years after paying up front), so some form of update to say shipments are happening, or to let us know of a delay would be really appreciated.

Thanks!

Gael
29.06.2023, 10:10
Hello,

We have already shipped hundreds of sensors over the past few weeks. Deliveries are being made progressively.

Gaël

Tastyfish
01.07.2023, 12:05
Hello,

We have already shipped hundreds of sensors over the past few weeks. Deliveries are being made progressively.

Gaël

That’s great to hear Gaël, thank you for the update and restoring the thread.

Does this include new IonD units on pre-order or are you working through replacement probe deliveries first? (Just trying to get a gauge on timescales).

Thank you

Vinny
07.07.2023, 19:23
That’s great to hear Gaël, thank you for the update and restoring the thread.

Does this include new IonD units on pre-order or are you working through replacement probe deliveries first? (Just trying to get a gauge on timescales).

Thank you

Hi,

The focus is on shipping sensors to waiting customers. We will resume IOND shipping afterwards.

Tastyfish
28.08.2023, 09:54
Hi GHL Team,

It’s been 7.5 weeks since the last update on this thread, and in a month and a half, it will be 3 years since the Ion Director Pre-order I’m waiting for was placed, during which time I have ordered a GHL Mega Set, touch screen, KH Director, 3 x Doser 2.0 as I moved from an extensive Neptune Apex system.

How are we doing with a timescale for receiving our IonD’s please?

Many thanks!