PDA

View Full Version : Shopping List for my DIY LEDs

rossniky
03.03.2010, 01:57
Hi,

Am after a recommended shopping list (and, perhaps some confirmation on whether the below is possible) for a Profilux Plus II unit to look after the following needs:

My intention is to use the 1-10v slots for:

L1 = 1 x Stream
L2 = 1 x Stream
L3 = 1 x Stream
L4 = 1 x Stream
L5 = 3 x Dimmable Meanwell LED Drivers (in parallel) each powering 12 3w White Cree LED's
L6= 2 x Dimmable Meanwell LED Drivers (in parallel) each powering 12 3w White Cree LED's
L7 = 3 x Dimmable Meanwell LED Drivers (in parallel) each powering 12 3w Royal Blue Cree LED's
L8= 2 x Dimmable Meanwell LED Drivers (in parallel) each powering 12 3w Royal Blue Cree LED's

(Note...the meanwells draw 3.3mA so a maximum of 3 in parrallel is as many as I can do I am guessing).

So, other than the Profilux Plus II (now on order...) what cords, splitters and extra expansion slots (I guess) will I require to achieve the above?

I am assuming that I will also require 4 x Light bar - control board (LBF-AP). I think this is the correct component for driving the dimming switches on the meanwells?

In terms of the expansion slots, I would like some room for a dosing pump later down the track.

Look forward to the feedback and the list of parts I will require.

rossniky
04.03.2010, 05:47
Martin, anyone?

camnbron
28.03.2010, 16:29
Anyone here :) I'll try to provide some information based on your first post.

Assuming you are having 4 tunze streams utilising L1-L4, you will need:
2 x splitters (one for L1 & 2, the other for L3 & 4) Part number YL2-1 (1=1metre, or could be 2,5 = 2.5metre or 5 = 5metre)
2 x ProfiLuxTunze1 (this is for streams on L1 and L3)
2 x ProfiluxTunze2 (this is for streams on L2 and L4)

Lighting, you will need:
1 x PLM-4L Module (adds 4 x 10v L ports)
2 x EVG-AP-2F (one for L5 & 6, the other for L7 & 8) What is handy about these versus the LBF-AP is it also switches the power off the drivers, the downside it you will need to mount them in a box or within the light fitting.
Your other option is to upgrade to the Ex controller to get extra L ports.

Dosing pumps - you don't need modules to control these they are connected like powerbars.
Link to products page (http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/System__E_/Products/products.html)
I am doing similar, although I have reduced the amount of LED's and drivers that I am using, so I now only need to use 2 L ports.
My project is currently stalled due to other more important projects.