PDA

View Full Version : DALI module doesn't recognize Osram ballasts

harmjan
01.03.2010, 11:56
Hi,

I have a Profilux 3 (firmware 5.00m, using Proflix Control 5.0.0.9) with the PLM-DALI module. To the DALI module are 4 Osram Quicktronic Intelligent 1x 35/49/80 ballasts connected.

In the menu System, the DALI option is available, but when I start "New Numbering" I get a disappointing result: 0 found. When I choose "Assign illumin." all the lights switch off. I tried with another cable, with one ballast, etc. etc, but no other behaviour.

Any ideas what goes wrong? Is the DALI module defective, are the 4 (new) ballasts defective?

Harmjan

Matthias
01.03.2010, 17:04
all cards are tested befoe shipment - this means a defective PLM-DALI is not very likely
on the other hand it is not very likely that 4 new ballasts are defective

fw 5.00m works great with PLM-DALI

-> is the wiring maybe the problem?

harmjan
01.03.2010, 18:10
I don't think the wiring is the problem. See attached picture. I tested also with one ballast, no other behaviour.

Matthias
02.03.2010, 08:10
could you send us the card and at least one ballast?
where are you from?
please contact GHL by email regarding this topic (contact information: http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/System__E_/Contact/contact.html )

aquatixguru
14.04.2010, 22:04
I don't think the wiring is the problem. See attached picture. I tested also with one ballast, no other behaviour.

did you solve this problem?
I am having the same issue with similar ballasts

harmjan
15.04.2010, 06:51
I have send my module and one ballast to GHL. They have repaired the module (defective component) and updated the firmware to 1.02. The Osram ballast was ok. Problem solved!