PDA

View Full Version : GCC settings for VirtualBox

AudreyG
24.07.2022, 13:08
Hi GHL Support Forum Team,

I am trying to update my ProfiLux 4 firmware.
I have a Mac and I installed VirtualBox to create a virtual Windows machine to install the GHL Control Center.
For more details, my laptop is a MacBook Air with a single Thunderbolt port, which then requires a USB adaptor to connect to the GHL USB cable.

I configured the ProfiLux 4 as advised:

However, when trying to connect the ProfiLux 4, the following error pops up:

Also, I note that despite I installed the latest Windows driver, it is not listed as GHL advises it should normally show.
GHL advice as to how the driver must show:

How my driver shows, despite of the driver successful update in Windows virtual machine:

I've read on multiple forums that many have successfully installed and used GHL Control Center via a virtual machine, including VirtualBox...

Could you please advise as to the configuration/settings I have possibly missed?
Is there anything I need to customise in VirtualBox settings for the virtual machine to see my ProFilux 4?

Thank you so very much for your help! :)
Audrey

Vinny
25.07.2022, 10:51
Hello Audrey,

Have you tried manually installing the GHL driver?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ1VvjufmvM

AudreyG
26.07.2022, 00:07
Hi Vinny,

Yes, I've tried that too.
But still not showing the GHL Virtual Communications Port (COM4).

Vinny
28.07.2022, 13:44
It seems the VM is having trouble loading the necessary driver. You can either try another software or a native windows computer.

AudreyG
31.07.2022, 12:17
Hi Vinny,
After trying for a couple of hours with Virtual Box (Oracle VM), I eventually gave up updating with a VM and borrowed a native Windows computer instead.
Worked like a charm. :o
Cheers!
Audrey