PDA

View Full Version : Adding a user / keeping settings on the cloud

Mistahbrock
01.03.2022, 20:09
Hello GHL & folks

Since day one of my P4 purchase, I have been trying to get my head around the setup of myGHL.

As there is an option to save settings to the cloud, I always select this, but I have never succeed in actually keeping these setting as every browser cleaning
or new device is cleaned, and I have to start from scratch.

Is it possible to make a foolproof setup guide showing how to setup the myGHL so the cloud setting is actually saved over diffrent devices ?
( or did I misunderstand how the cloud thing is working ? )

Best regards, Ole

Vinny
01.03.2022, 21:14
If you're referring to Dashboard layouts being different across connection types (app, web interface, myGHL), this is normal. It is done this way to give users the flexibility to have a different dashboard layout. Some may want a different layout when connecting over myGHL vs. connecting over the web interface.

Mistahbrock
01.03.2022, 21:21
Still, it would be nice to have consistent setting on a pr. device basis, this is not the case as it is now

I cannot add users in my myGHL or I simply missed hot to set it up correctly

I tried with all sorts of email adresses, and always end up in the same old loop

:)
https://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13181&d=1646165992&thumb=1&stc=1

Vinny
01.03.2022, 21:25
You can share your device with other email address who also have a myGHL account.

Mistahbrock
01.03.2022, 21:37
Ahh finally I get it, thanks

But I do miss the option to keep the dashboard on any given device

Thanks for the fast responses :)

Mistahbrock
02.03.2022, 07:52
Hmm, in the setup your app states :
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By activating CloudStorage, your app setting and GHL-devices are synchronized on all devices connected to your myGHL Account.

This includes all platforms for which GHL-Connect is available :

º myGHL.com
º GHL-Connect App for mobile devices
º Web interface
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So my question is, what is you definition of synchronisation, is is just the sensor data, which is readout from each instance of the app anyway
or do I miss some basic understanding of the GHL-connect concept ?

In my perspective, the logic would be to save both data and the layout of the GHL-Connect app, as I have the same setup on my P4 Box
same sensors, lights and peripherals so I don't really need a new layout of different devices.

And you should seriously consider both a dark mode and a non fullscreen option in this app, in fullscreen 80% of the titlebar is hidden behind the mic and camera on any Iphone 12+

By the way, the word "synchronized" should be spelled with an "s - synchronised" according to my grammar :)