PDA

View Full Version : GHL lightbar 2... how do I get the moon light to work

Will F
01.02.2022, 16:42
So, I think I have a basic understanding of the light composer and have set up my 2 deep actinic and 2 ocean blue lightbar's at least now how I like them. I would like to set up a moon light but I can not get the simulation to work. I have set the royal blue channels to work with moon phase (though I would like the light to look more white, like the moon), and set the times after the normal lights go out. But for whatever reason it does not work. Do I need to set the composer to something other than zero after I normally want the lights to go out?

Thanks for any help any one can give.

Will

Vinny
01.02.2022, 20:33
Hi Will,

Can you share some screenshots of the settings you have entered?

Will F
06.02.2022, 03:03
Here are the screen shots of the composer and sim settings.

Will F
06.02.2022, 16:15
Hi Will,

Can you share some screenshots of the settings you have entered?

Sorry it took so long to get back. I'm not sure if I uploaded the screen shots right.

Gael
06.02.2022, 19:06
Hi,

You have set the moonlight to "basic mode", then it can only dim the brightness, the brightness should be set to more than 0 at night.
Alternatively, you can set advanced mode which overrides the illumination curve.

Gael

Will F
06.02.2022, 19:10
Hi,

You have set the moonlight to "basic mode", then it can only dim the brightness, the brightness should be set to more than 0 at night.
Alternatively, you can set advanced mode which overrides the illumination curve.

Gael

Gael,
Great for the input. Im going to set this up now and hopefully it works tonight.

I want the light to be more like real moon light (white) does that mean I select only the white channels I want? Can I run more then one channel for moon light sim? ie, white and royal blue?

Gael
06.02.2022, 19:24
Only illumination channels with "Depends on moon phase" ticked are impacted by moon phase simulation.