PDA

View Full Version : Adaptive Mode

Hayes10
26.05.2021, 19:30
This is hypothetical as I’m trying to get my head around something with adaptive mode.

Nominal value is 8dkh
Index 1 is set to Pump 4 (alk solution)
Volume change 40%
Limit for raise Kh 100%
Limit for lower Kh 100%

Pump 4 is dosing 24 x 1ml (24ml daily)
KHD testing 4 times a day (with 6 doses between each test)

Q1. Is the max change restricted to +/-0.4ml per dose as I set the volume change to 40%?

The KHD runs a test and determines the calculated adjustment is 30%.

Q2. Would this mean that the following 6 doses are adjusted to 1.3ml (adding an extra 1.8ml in total)?

Q3. Would the limit for raise Kh restrict the adjustment to a total of 1ml (because I’ve originally set up 24 x 1ml)?

Vinny
27.05.2021, 15:06
Hello,

Adaptive mode is explained here:
https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/knowledge-base/how-to-setup-control-via-dosing-pumps-add-on-adaptive-mode/

The percentages are based on the PER DOSE amount you set in your pump schedule.

Hayes10
27.05.2021, 20:27
Vinny,

I don’t claim to be too intelligent.

I read through the instructions plenty of times and I’m still confused.
The guide has clearly been updated to include the IOND which is great but the pictures look nothing like my iOS app-is this pending an update?
It would really help me if there was a separate guide for adaptive mode.
There’s possibly a couple of errors in the guide if I’m reading it correctly.

Q1. Is the max change restricted to +/-0.4ml per dose as I set the volume change to 40%?
Yes it is restricted

The KHD runs a test and determines the calculated adjustment is 30%.

Q2. Would this mean that the following 6 doses are adjusted to 1.3ml (adding an extra 1.8ml in total)?
Yes

Q3. Would the limit for raise Kh restrict the adjustment to a total of 1ml (because I’ve originally set up 24 x 1ml)?
This is where I’m confused. Yes it would limit it to 1ml + 100% (2ml) per dose?

Thanks,

Dave

Vinny
28.05.2021, 16:21
The video at the bottom of the article shows you how to set it up on a SA Doser. It gives several examples of how the calculations are done based on the settings you enter.

The limit is the max allowed adjustment. If your limit is set to 100% and you're dosing only 1ml each time, the KHD will not be able to add or subtract more than 1ml from each dose (100%).

Hayes10
01.06.2021, 22:11
Vinny,

My heads about to explode. I’ve watched the videos and read the manuals over and over.

In my example
Q1 restricts the dose to +/-40%
Q3 restricts the dose to +/-100%
Surely they can’t both be right? Which is the decisive factor?

OR

Q1 applies if the test is less than +/-1dkh difference.
Q3 applies if the test is more than +/-1dkh difference.

I’m honestly getting to the stage where I need somebody to talk me through this.

Aaaaand the 7 alarms in the video are distracting. Who has 7 alarms and makes a video instead ;)

Vinny
02.06.2021, 17:58
Sorry, but the video makes it as clear as possible with multiple examples.

The volume change is applied to the single dose amounts. If your change is set to +/- 40%, it will adjust the single dose by that amount if the KH result is 1°dkH away from your target. Any result less than 1°dkH away from the target and the KHD will automatically calculate the needed adjustment based on the control setting you entered. If a single dose is 1ml and the KH result is 1dkH higher than your target, the KHD will subtract 40% from that dose which adjusts the single dose to 0.6ml. If 0.5dkH higher, the adjusted dose would be 0.8ml (20% reduced).

Not sure how else to explain it. The manual also gives several examples of how the dosed amounts are calculated.

Hayes10
02.06.2021, 20:09
Vinny,

That makes sense for the volume change. The KHD wouldn’t be able to adjust more or less than 40%.

Do you have a similar explanation for the limit for raise and lower KH? This is the main thing that’s confusing me.

Your patience is appreciated.

Vinny
02.06.2021, 20:22
Limits are the maximum change you're willing to allow if the KH result is more than 1dkH away from your desired KH value.

Hayes10
02.06.2021, 22:21
So the volume change applies if the result is less than 1dkh from my target and the limit applies if the result is more than 1dkh from my target?

Vinny
02.06.2021, 22:29
Close.

Volume change for differences up to 1dkH.

Limits for differences greater than 1dkH.

Hayes10
04.06.2021, 22:31
Close.

Volume change for differences up to 1dkH.

Limits for differences greater than 1dkH.

We got there in the end! Thanks Vinny.

Just wait until I get my hands on my ION D

Vinny
04.06.2021, 22:37
Anytime!