PDA

View Full Version : Level Sensors not responding

CaptCrash
16.02.2010, 04:29
I have a PIII Ex (upgraded from a PII ex) with firmware version 5.00 firmware (not sure on the letter k I think as this does not show in the general tab of ProfiluxControl v 5.0.0.7)

Up until yesturday the unit had 1 level sensor. This was connected to level 1 directly (unit is a PL-Floater - floatA), worked fine and was used to control a return pump.

My return pump failed and a new unit was put in place. At the same time I installed some additional level sensors to provide some additional control.

I have now added 2 additional level sensors (units are PL-Floater - floatB and floatC) and a splitter cable (PL-LY).

The existing floatA was moved from Level 1 to Level 3. The two new floats were added to level 1/2 with the splitter cable.

The return pump was reconfigured to work with water 3 rather than water 1 in the socket menu.

I then went into the level settings and set them all (level 1, 2 and 3) up as return pumps with a 3 second delay.

This configuration was saved to the PIII Ex.

I then checked on the shown positions on the sensors. All showed X.
I moved all three sensors to their other position. Only level1 changed.
Level 2 and Level 3 do not change.

I have worked through a number of diagnostics that include
1. Power cycled the PIII Ex, check the configuration. All looks fine. Still only Level1 operational.
2. Swapped the cables for floatA and floatC
3. Power cycled the PIII Ex, check the configuration. All looks fine. Still only Level1 operational.
4. Disconnected and reconnected level sensors to various ports. Only Level 1 works.

I have also used the diagnostic menu for the level sensors on the PIIIEx and this shows the same information. Level 1 working, levels 2 and 3 showing a X.

I have tried the floats in both orientations. This makes no change.

I have come to the conclusion that I have missed an option to enable level2 and level3. Is there a setting to enable/disable a level sensor, if so where is this setting?

thanks in advance for your assistance

Matthias
16.02.2010, 08:28
Hi

there are not settings to activate the inputs, they are always active.
The diagnostics mode must show X and - when moving the sensor.

If the sensor is Ok then the P3 must be defective, maybe happened during the upgrade. But I don't know if front board, rear board, piggyback or cable has been damaged.

CaptCrash
16.02.2010, 10:10
So what do we do?

Matthias
16.02.2010, 12:17
please contact your retailer he can tell you the next steps
I am sorry but there is nothing left we could do here