PDA

View Full Version : Kh Director waste water disposal

Elic173
10.01.2021, 15:17
Hi Guys

I have installed an auto water change, using my GHL doser.

Fresh salt water comers from one container and the waste tank water, is pumped direct to a drain.

Can I simply add a t- piece to the waste line and pump the KH directors waste into the same drain outlet pipe, that shares the old tank water?

I read in the setup, you recommend it draining into a container and it has certain requirements, such as not being pumped into the container under the water level. I was wondering if this rule applies to my situation.

Look forward to hearing your advice.

Eli

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vinny
11.01.2021, 21:58
Hello Eli,

As long as the waste water tube is pointing downwards and runs no risk of sending water up the KHD waste tube during a WC, that would be fine. A Y-piece would probably be a better option for this kind of setup.

Elic173
11.01.2021, 22:40
Thanks Vinny

Just to clarify.

1. Are you suggesting a Y-piece, so I can put both the KHD’s “vent tube” and the “waste water tube” into the tanks WC waste tube which flows into the drain?

2. Second question, the reason you want the tube pointing down, is to prevent the tank water, from the WC being pumped back up to the KHD, via the vent tube?

Would a one-way valve help prevent this?

Thanks

Eli

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalki

Vinny
11.01.2021, 23:11
The Y-piece can be used to connect your WC waste water and KHD waste water. The vent tube should be kept separate.

Elic173
12.01.2021, 17:43
Thanks Vinny!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk