PDA

View Full Version : Profilux Plus II - FW 1.07 - Controller

Rubends
05.01.2021, 17:58
Hi,

I have a profilux Plus II with FW 1.07. Which controller (software) can I use to connect to that device? I would like to upgrade it to the latest FW version, but at the moment i'm unable to connect to the device...

Thanks in advance
Ruben

AjakAndi
05.01.2021, 18:33
Hi Ruben ...

.. .. that was really a long time ago !! .. you can use ProfiLux Control (PLC) version 1.05 for this !!

LG

ANDI

Rubends
05.01.2021, 18:47
Hi Ruben ...

.. .. that was really a long time ago !! .. you can use ProfiLux Control (PLC) version 1.05 for this !!

LG

ANDI

Thanks for that information,

can you also provide me with a link where I can find that version on the website https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/downloads/

I recently bought a 2nd hand aquarium (Juwel Rio 300), and I found that profilux in a box :)
So I would like to re-use it.

Though, I also still miss the ProfiLuxSer cable, which was not in the BOX... i'm trying with other RS232 cables I have laying around, but untill now no success ;)

Thanks!

AjakAndi
05.01.2021, 18:54
Hi Ruben,

an you also provide me with a link where I can find that version on the website

this very old version is no longer available on GHL aquarium computers! .. too old!!

.. I could send you the ProfiLuxControl V1052 version, but I would need an e-mail address! The version should work, if this is not the case, you will have to report again.

MfG

ANDI

Rubends
05.01.2021, 18:58
Hi AjakAndi,

I sended you a private message with my email.
Thanks for the help.

ps: If i'm able to connect to the device, can i do a direct upgrade from version 1.07 to 5.17?

AjakAndi
05.01.2021, 19:02
Hi Ruben,

I hope that you will get access to your ProciLux II with this version / software !!
If not, then get in touch again and we'll see what we can do !!

LG

ANDI

Rubends
05.01.2021, 19:08
Hi Ruben,

I hope that you will get access to your ProciLux II with this version / software !!
If not, then get in touch again and we'll see what we can do !!

LG

ANDI

doesn't seem to work...

AjakAndi
05.01.2021, 19:32
doesn't seem to work...

I'll send you the previous version V1049 .. If that doesn't work either, you have to flash your ProfiLux II ....
The problem can also be that your Windows version is too current and ProfiLuxControl is not running on your PC!
Then we have a problem ...

ANDI

Rubends
05.01.2021, 20:24
I'll send you the previous version V1049 .. If that doesn't work either, you have to flash your ProfiLux II ....
The problem can also be that your Windows version is too current and ProfiLuxControl is not running on your PC!
Then we have a problem ...

ANDI

I guess there is a risk of flashing the Profilux II? and how to do that ?

all the versions of Profiluxcontrol that I installed seem to work on my computer though... Windows 10 64bit.

AjakAndi
05.01.2021, 20:53

LINK (https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/downloads/?CMDsearch=Flash)

.. maybe you should try to flash your PL II ...

ANDi

Vinny
08.01.2021, 20:47
Ruben,

Your screenshot shows you using GHL Control Center which is the incorrect software. It will not work this way because this software does not support the PII.

You should be using ProfiLux Control:
https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/downloads/profiluxcontrol-v5-1-7-2/

If you need access to the newest FW for the PII, you will find it in the downloads page:
https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/downloads/

Rubends
18.02.2021, 20:54
Hi @Vinny,

this version (5-1-7-2) is to recent for my FW version (which is only 1.07). As i could find out, the version I should use is version 3.08; though that version is not working... when I try to use that software, and try to connect to the Profilux Plus II; the program just closes, nothing happens... is there a bug in that version, or another place where I can download that version, or even an older version I can use? When I use a more recent version I get the message that the FW is to old (so there is a connection)

Thanks in advance!

ps: today I received the Profiluxser cable, so i'm 100% sure the problem is not the cable

update: fyi: I even tried to install version 3.08 on an old Windows XP and W7 computer; even there the program is crashing while I try to connect; so there is something wrong with that setup... :(

Vinny
19.02.2021, 17:47
Open a support ticket for further assistance.

Rubends
20.02.2021, 10:39
Open a support ticket for further assistance.

thank you for the help, though: where can I open such a ticket? thanks :)

defabio
20.02.2021, 10:42
Click on the hyperlink in his signature! :)

Rubends
20.02.2021, 11:00
Click on the hyperlink in his signature! :)

great; I missed that :cool: ticket is created, thanks

Rubends
26.02.2021, 12:02
Thank you all for the help;
in the end, the support of GHL told me to perform an emergency update, which worked.
Now the FW version is at 5.17, and I can connect my laptop with the latest Profilux Controll Software.

Thank you all; this thread can be closed.