PDA

View Full Version : need help connecting to p3 with lan card

90reefernyc
15.02.2010, 04:49
Hello
Just did my P3 firmware update to 5.0.0.8(FINALLY) with a buddy's old laptop that had an rs2332 port (tried 2 serial adapters prior with no luck!). So after the update I can no longer connect from my laptop (tcp/ip) the way I use to be able to through the lan card only through the rs2332 port?
Is there a certain setting I have to change?
If someone already had a post about this same problem a link would be helpful instead of saying to do a search....
thank you, Jimmy

Matthias
15.02.2010, 08:11
Hi
I am not sure if I understood your post correctly.
Which connections are possible? Over RS232, over USB (please use our USB-driver from our donwload site)?

If you can access ProfiLux with ProfiLuxControl check the LAN-settings (under "system") or on the device itself

90reefernyc
16.02.2010, 02:39
hello Mathias
I can connect with the rs2332 connected to my pc with profilux control but when I disconnect the rs2332 and try to connect over LAN the way I used to it doesn't work it says "could not connect. Do you want to check your settings now?"
I hit yes and it takes me to the screen that shows the different connection types I hit the edit button for the TCP/IP connection and hit the button that says configuration it scans the network for profilux and then gives me an error code of "cant find profilux with (W)LAN card!" I must be doing something wrong because I used to be able to connect to my profilux from my remote pc with no issues??
any help would be appreciated thank you, Jimmy

90reefernyc
16.02.2010, 05:42
ok figured it out firewall was blocking it...:o

Matthias
16.02.2010, 08:30
thanks for the feedback

another important hint for the users with LAN or WLAN connection issues: Check your firewall!