PDA

View Full Version : Strange situation with socket and programmable logic

Bagirka
19.10.2020, 12:33
Hello,

Please help to identify my issue.

Profilux4 mega pack.

I have this programmable logic for very long time on my skimmer and it was working fine till today so not sure what is going on.

Description

I have 2 float switches:
1 in the sump - which reacts if water level rises it switched my GHL socket Nr1 off until it fixes itself)
2 in a skimmate collector (when it fills and triggers the float switch it will switch off GHL bar socket Nr1 until it's emptied, then it would automatically switch the socket "skimmer on again")

Now this morning I noticed my skimmer was off! So first I checked was my skim mate locker - to my surprise it wasn't full, then I checked the level in the sump it was ok too...so I checked my float valves and they seemed fine and not stuck.

Then I disconnected my skimmer from the GHL bar socket Nr1 and all the socket switched on again.... so I tested the float switches by hand and it was reacting as it should (push up - socket off and let down - socket on) so I decided to change the controller of my BK skimmer as I have another one...same problem...then I decided to switch into the socket Nr1 just a hair dryer ...so it behaved exactly as if there was the skimmer and switched off ...conclusion it is reacting negatively to electric item which is working on higher power as simple extension was ok....

Edit - If I turn the switch to "always on" it doesn't switch off any appliance and works fine!!!

What is going on please and how can I fix it?
here are some photos of my settings - these where working perfectly for few years!

Thank you!

Thilo
23.10.2020, 08:44
Was the switch channel state in on or off state when then socket was off, when viewed in software?
If the switch channel was on and the socjet off, it must be a hardware related issue. Please open a ticket (https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/support/tickets-enquiries/) in this case.

Bagirka
23.10.2020, 15:29
Hello,
Thank you for coming back to me!

I opened the app and tried to change settings to see what would work
The socket settings was "on" if I plug Ito that socket something like ATI Hybrid unit controller (without lights plugged in - just the controller ) then the socket would stay on with programmable logic on and if I trigger the floater then it would switch off!

If I plug in Skimmer (Bubble king Supermrin 200) to that socket (programmable logic on) it will switch off instantly and stay off
If I remove programmable logic from that socket and plug in skimmer it would work as normal!
I also tried the same with other sockets and they are doing the same thing!

Bagirka
25.10.2020, 11:47
I have opened the ticket and linked this thread to that ticket

I also decided to try out today my other (2nd) Powerbar5.1 with the same programable logic and it is working with the skimmer on so it's obvious that the Powerbar is the reason

What is wrong with it? Fuse - if so would the Powerbar even work on normal settings (without the logic ) and would the sockets have red lights on or is it firmware corruption or hardware? What can I do to check?

Vinny
26.10.2020, 18:24
If you had the device connected to the S5 socket, it may have been overloaded as the max is 3A. You can replace the fuse if need be.

Bagirka
26.10.2020, 18:37
Hi Vinny,

Thank you for your reply.

It's not the 5th socket, it's the 1,2,3,4 programable sockets (ignoring the 1st which is constant power and last one which is the dimmable) I tried all of the sockets in the middle and all are behaving the same way. It will work fine on "always on" option and if programmable logic isn't used but as soon as I use programmable logic and plug in the skimmer it will kick out. The other Powerbar as I said above is working fine as it should with the same logic.

Do you think it is still the fuse?

Vinny
27.10.2020, 22:01
You can try updating the Powerbar by following these steps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnhdJ4g0SuM&list=PLZ8mwsVuPz6_4DxuymFqxtnzVxhBgXdCi&index=39

arking_mark
06.11.2020, 14:14
Have you tried powering off and then on your profilux? This has fixed two unexplained problems for me.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk