PDA

View Full Version : GHL Connect hangs

arvind
08.09.2020, 01:54
I am using Android version. It connects stays on for a while and then it hangs. I am able to quit the app and then restart then it works fine again for few more minutes. Is this an app issue?

Vinny
08.09.2020, 21:12
What do you mean by "stays on for a while"?

arvind
08.09.2020, 22:03
What do you mean by "stays on for a while"?

I click on GHL Connect, the app opens, I am able to see the Dashboard. I go ahead and click on some of the buttons. Say Director->flush measurement cell, Start measurement now etc. It begins doing whatever action I choose to do. After a couple of minutes nothing happens in the window. If I click back button to go back to the dashboard, the dashboard no longer loads. Nothing happens after this point. I can click back button the app asks if we want me to exit. Once I confirm the app closes, I can restart the app and then it works fine. Then it works for few more minutes, allows me whatever i want to do and then the cycle continues.

Vinny
08.09.2020, 23:21
It sounds like the connection times out.
This can happen if your phone or tablet screen shuts off and is then turn back on a few minutes later.

You can maintain an active connection by either increasing the timeout in your screen settings or using the app feature "Disable auto-lock" to prevent your phone screen from turning off while the app is open. That feature is found in the App settings page.

Adri-DSR
01.10.2020, 16:54
It sounds like the connection times out.
This can happen if your phone or tablet screen shuts off and is then turn back on a few minutes later.

You can maintain an active connection by either increasing the timeout in your screen settings or using the app feature "Disable auto-lock" to prevent your phone screen from turning off while the app is open. That feature is found in the App settings page.

@Vinny,

I am having the same problem and a lot of friends experience this also. And No it is not connection time out problem or that screen of the phone shuts of.
It does not matter if i am in GHL Connect and access the Local Device or access the myGHL device.

I open the device, then i go to the KH director. Then when i go back to the Dashboard there is no connection anymore. The modules try to load it's content but nothing happends
I also have to disconnect and close the app and go back in again.

This is a overal problem that happens with a lot of users. I think GHL should really takea look at this what is causing those problems.

arvind
01.10.2020, 18:22
@Vinny,

I am having the same problem and a lot of friends experience this also. And No it is not connection time out problem or that screen of the phone shuts of.
It does not matter if i am in GHL Connect and access the Local Device or access the myGHL device.

I open the device, then i go to the KH director. Then when i go back to the Dashboard there is no connection anymore. The modules try to load it's content but nothing happends
I also have to disconnect and close the app and go back in again.

This is a overal problem that happens with a lot of users. I think GHL should really takea look at this what is causing those problems.

These are the same symptoms I had and still having. I found one workaround. If you click on the three dots on the top right of the dashboard, you can see a disconnect option. If you click on it to disconnect then when you go back and connect it, it works fine.

I know it is frustrating. This should be a simple fix on the app side to automatically disconnect if no activity for x minutes. Hope GHL looks into it for a permanent fix.

Adri-DSR
01.10.2020, 18:26
These are the same symptoms I had and still having. I found one workaround. If you click on the three dots on the top right of the dashboard, you can see a disconnect option. If you click on it to disconnect then when you go back and connect it, it works fine.

I know it is frustrating. This should be a simple fix on the app side to automatically disconnect if no activity for x minutes. Hope GHL looks into it for a permanent fix.I found that option too but we should not have to do that. It is obvious that there is a problem with the app and/or PC software cause it is showing the same problems from time to time.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G975F met Tapatalk

Adri-DSR
01.10.2020, 18:33
But there are more problems with the KHD / SA Doser kit. I am not been able to get it connected through Wifi and two of my friends either. We al connected the kit with a LAN cable.

There is a bug / malfuction somewhere in the kit that causes this problems.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G975F met Tapatalk

Thilo
02.10.2020, 12:05
Normally GHL Connect should try to reconnect automatically in case of a connection loss. But we will have another look at this.

Jan Smid
05.10.2020, 23:38
Connecting. Loading system information...... Please wait. But nothing changes or happens.
When I try to make a choice on the laptop, Win 10 answers: GHL Control Centre does not react, and everything stays gray. I have a Trocal LED CONTROL, USB cable, newest Contrl Centre software version (2019), Win 10 updated. I restarted, cleared the app, reinstalled the app, installed USB driver, connected and disconnected USB cable.
GCC always wants to connect to GHL doser 2, but I have a Dennerle Trocal LED Control.
What to do.