PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Probes

stephencraig
08.02.2010, 15:20
I have done searches on the forum, but was able to find few details.

I am trying to get my Profilux II Plus working more as part of my system, and as part of that start using the sensors more. Knowing that they all need to be calibrated, before I do that I can also see that they need to be cleaned.

The probes have been in the tank and running, and it appears I have gotten coraline on the barrels of the probes, and may have coraline on the actual "glass" part of the sensor.

How should I clean these,and what type of cleaning agents can I use without damaging the probes?

Stephen

GHL Support
08.02.2010, 19:19
For cleaning probes you need 2 things:

1.hydrochloric acid + pepsin solution (cleaner for probes, some good sortet dealer will have it)
2. 3-molare KCl-solution (good for regerneration and storage when not used)

put your probes 24h in solution one, rinse with water and put it 24h in solution two rinse again.
Than the probes should look like new.

stephencraig
08.02.2010, 19:45
Would Deltec D-D EzeClean Equipment Cleaner work in place of the HCL + pepsin?

Stephen

stephencraig
09.02.2010, 04:43
I can't find any HCL + pepsin anywhere...

Would Deltec D-D EzeClean Equipment Cleaner work in place of the HCL + pepsin?

Stephen

stephencraig
10.02.2010, 02:01
Could someone help out here please? I know someone has had to clean coraline off their probes before.

Stephen

Coralleida
16.09.2010, 23:28
I've been using this product:

http://www.hannainst.com/usa/prods2.cfm?id=002010013&ProdCode=HI%207074M

richard.mayo
10.06.2011, 13:34
For cleaning probes you need 2 things:

1.hydrochloric acid + pepsin solution (cleaner for probes, some good sortet dealer will have it)
2. 3-molare KCl-solution (good for regerneration and storage when not used)

put your probes 24h in solution one, rinse with water and put it 24h in solution two rinse again.
Than the probes should look like new.

Holy, i have no idea where to find that...... Can I just use vinegar???

Wirus
10.06.2011, 14:02
Holy, i have no idea where to find that......

Google is your friend, search for "Pepsin cleaning solution". You also can ask your GHL dealer or give us an idea, where you located. Maybe there is a seller near you here in the forum.

Can I just use vinegar???

That´s acid - I wouldn´t do that (especially not for the carbon conductivity probe)

richard.mayo
10.06.2011, 14:04
Live in NZ so there is really not a massive amount of places to try

Nory
03.04.2012, 11:02
Hello,

I must clean the probe, the vinegar is the same that hydrochloric acid!!!

Can i use this for temp probe, PH probe, conductivity probe in platinium, Redox probe???

Thanks

Gunther
03.04.2012, 11:29
the vinegar is the same that hydrochloric acid!!!

No, acetic acid isn´t hydrochloric acid. As said above: Best is to use Pepsin cleaning solution

Can i use this for temp probe, PH probe, conductivity probe in platinium, Redox probe???
Temp Probe: No need for chemical cleaning (normallly) - cleaning with a brush or tissue is enough
Conductivity probe in platinium and Redox probe: Use the named pepsin solution.

Your try may work, but you also may damage the probes. In my opinion it´s not worth to risk that.

Nory
04.04.2012, 00:49
Ok, thanks...
Finally, I have cleaned gently with a brush and water