PDA

View Full Version : Problems with upgrading profilux II ex to profilux III ex

marinfreak
08.02.2010, 03:53
Problems with upgrading profilux II ex to profilux III ex

This is the problems I had upgrading the profilux II to III. Prior to upgrade I had the profilux II Ex with one 2L4S socket and Ethernet card all working.

I followed the upgrade steps removing all the old II parts as per instructions.

I installed new computer and PAB and also put back the EX card.

I then booted the computer all looked good, all lights can on and then I tried to connect to it via USB, to no avail, I could not connect to the P3. I got out my Old laptop and tried RS232 and was able to connect to the computer. I then tried to upgrade it to the firmware via RS232 to version 5.00K as the original firmware was 5.00. It keep coming up with errors during flashing "ERROR while transmitting firmware: FLASHERASE – No response - 8"

Not being able to keep the unit off line for any major time I installed it back into my system using the P3 computer operational as it was except the EX card was not working.

After using it for one day to control my tank with limited functions I did some more research on the forum and got the flasher tool from GHL and followed instructions.

I flashed the new rom using the flasher tool to firmware 5.00K, all went well and the computer came back on and I could connect to the P3 computer now via USB. I turned off the power and then put the EX card back in and turned on the computer again. I then reconnected to it via USB and then told it I have the EX version via the software. It said to reboot the computer and I did. When I reconnected to the P3 via USB it has not upgraded it to the EX version. I also tried to do it to Via RS232 still no success after multiple attempts.

So I then put in the two 2S4L cards to see how this goes as I need these. The P3 computer is not picking them up. It say there is 2 comm cards which I thought at the time was the new Ethernet and USB combo cards which is an error I later find out.

So to find out what is going on I removed the EX card and also one L2S4 card and re powered up and rebooted and it connected via PC and it picked up the 2L4S card. I then also put the second 2L4S card in and it also now picked it up now showing one comms card and two 2L4S cards.

So can you please help? If I put the EX card in, it is not picked up and also blocks the expansion sockets and if I leave it out I can use the expansion sockets but now down on L3 and conductivity probe etc.

What could be the problem? The EX card is V1.01 and both the P3 upgrade kit is V1.01.

Does the old card not work in the new P3 or is there an error in V5.00K firmware or is it the EX. card which is in error?

Matthias
08.02.2010, 08:28
for some reason P3 didn't recognize that it is an eX-version

please execute the function "Extras->Hardware Upgrade eXtended" again, this function changes the serialnumber in the device and after reboot the device should know that it is now an eX

only when P3 accepted the new serialnumber the cards will be recognized correctly

marinfreak
08.02.2010, 21:54
Hi there Matthias,

I tried it agin this morning doing as you say "Extras->Hardware Upgrade eXtended"

before i did the upgrade thismorning the serial number when connected was 909060105

after upgrate try was 909061105.

try two again serial number 909062105

when the unit boots is comes up with serial 0 and serial 1 and then the GHL screen, and does not recongnise the 2L4S sockets i have in there then Ex card is there.

When i remove the EX card the P3 pickups up expansion cards.

I thave tried multiple times before previous email to get it to become Ex by "Extras->Hardware Upgrade eXtended".
I have tried it without the expansion cards as well, what else could be the issue. ?

regards

David

GHL Support
10.02.2010, 08:01
Sure you've got the right serial number?
A ProfiLux 3 serial number is a kind of ####051###.

marinfreak
10.02.2010, 08:19
Hi Frank

Definatly the serial number showing from the 5.0.0.8 program is showing 909062105 as the serial number. I cut and pasted this number from the program to here so this is what it is saying it is. ?
I do know know why it is different than ####051###.

However i cannot get my EX card to work and having to run without it at the moment and the card was working before i upgraded to the P3.

boboxx
10.02.2010, 20:26
What about the serila number on the sticker?

GHL Support
11.02.2010, 07:47
@marinfreak

You've got a PM

marinfreak
11.02.2010, 08:53
Hi Frank.

I did as your email said and it fixed the problem. The P3 is now showing itself as a P3 EX. Thanks for your assistance.

This is the reason why GHL is the best controller, Great Support of a Great product :D

I just received my expansion box today and looking forward to putting the extra 2 2L4S sockets, extra PH and ADIN card in and getting it working orver the next few days.

Is there anything special about the PAB cable is it just a straight though CAT 45 patch cable or is it a cross over ? I think it should be a straight though for daisy chain but not sure. ?