PDA

View Full Version : profilux 4 controlling kessil h160 algae light

hogiebear
18.06.2020, 12:28
Hi, can i use the profilux powerbar to switch on and off my kessil h160 light? The voltage range for switching on and off with profilux 4 is 0-10v but the output of the kessil light is 12v

Vinny
18.06.2020, 20:05
If you wanted only switch ON/OFF through the powerbar, you can setup a normal ON/OFF timer function for that outlet and have it control the H160.

If you would prefer to dim the light, you can do it with the S-Port & L-Port Breakout box accessory. This will allow the ProfiLux to dim the light through the 1-10v interface. You would have to take the kessil control cable and cut one-end to expose the wires. Take these wires and connect it to the BO box. The cables included with the BO box is then connected to one of the 1-10v port on the ProfiLux.

Nico F.
20.06.2022, 11:08
I just installed my new P4e. I set up the timer function for my refugium kessil H160 and assigned it to the powerbar 6e. Probably should work tonight.

I bought a cable to connect the kessil to an L port of the P4e. Is it still neccessary to buy that break out box accessory and cut the cables? If so, i will leave it as it is, and only work with the timer function.

Vinny
21.06.2022, 17:21
Ideally, you should create the ON/OFF schedule using an Illumination channel instead of a timer function since this is a light you're controlling afterall.

If the Kessil control cable is designed for GHL controllers, you can connect it to one of the L-ports (1-10V YELLOW port) on the ProfiLux. If not, a breakout box would be needed. The control cable would have to be connected to this BO box and the box to the controller.