PDA

View Full Version : PROBLEM WITH PROFILUX II eX UPGRADE

68darius13
06.02.2010, 01:02
Hi all,
I purchased an upgrade kit for my Profilux II eX controller. I followed all of the instructions down to the last letter. I swapped all the parts, installed new software and everything looked ok. When the profilux was connected to the computer, I noticed after a while that the software had frozen and the LEDs and screen of the profilux were flashing constantly. Also, the screen displayed the following message:
''Memory test...
All data OK!''
I restarted the software, but it was impossible to establish a link between the profilux and the PC. After a few tries i decided to disassemble the controller to check all the connections, everything looked fine. I hooked everything up again, it was all ok for about 5 minutes (showing readings) then once again the screen and LEDs started blinking and displaying the same message. I've emailed the dealer but I need your advise about what could be going wrong. I suspect that the display (main) panel is faulty.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks
Darius

Matthias
06.02.2010, 11:50
this looks like the voltage supply is not constant, possible reasons:
- AC/DC adaptor is not working correctly and can`t deliver the needed output current
- damage during assembling - there is somewhere a short circuit, damaged cable, ...
- mismatching parts in your kit
http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=1502
- connected non-GHL serial cable

68darius13
06.02.2010, 20:03
Hi,
The seller replied to my email saying its impossible for any parts to be faulty/damaged as it was all checked by GHL before being shipped to England and it was checked again by them. However, it's clearly not working as I tried everything again today but the situation is the same but with the addition of the power adapter cutting out and not working anymore. I don't know, if it's a coincidence that my power adapter has blown or if it was caused by a short circuit in the new upgrade parts.
Anyway, I swapped all the parts back to Profilux II and I am using my dosing pump unit adapter and everything is working fine. I don't think I will risk upgrading the parts again, as there is definitely something wrong with the front panel.
Regards Darius

Matthias
08.02.2010, 08:05
please contact your retailer/distributor to solve this quickly