PDA

View Full Version : How to turn Off UV lamp when UV pump goes off.

mlandscape
11.05.2020, 17:41
New to GHL and can't get my mind around this programming yet and I am sure what I want is so simple.

I have my UV pump on Switch Channel 2 and the UV lamp on Switch Channel 3 and if the pump should ever go off I would like the UV lamp to switch off.

I currently have set both Switch Channels to Always On.

Anyone help me to sort this, please.

Many thanks

Gandalf
11.05.2020, 19:29
https://www.google.com/search?q=dreifachsteckdose&prmd=sinv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwio1I2juKzpAhXJzKQKHakOAY0Q_AUoAnoECA0QA g&biw=360&bih=583&dpr=3#imgrc=fbhkDA-hEq4FuM

Vinny
11.05.2020, 23:34
How would the ProfiLux know your UV pump went OFF?
Under what circumstances would this pump turn OFF? Feed pause, maintenance mode?

mlandscape
12.05.2020, 12:49
The reason I want to do this is to avoid the lamp being on without water flowing through the UV unit.
I am not sure how the Profilux would know how my UV pump is off that is why I am asking the question. It is not related to feeding pause or maintenance but just if the pump failed or the power to it went off.
I have this set up at the moment on the controller that is being replaced and it also switches the lamp off if the aquarium temperature gets above 27.2.

Hope that clarifies what I am needing. I could post the other controller code if that helps to explain it.

Many thanks

Vinny
12.05.2020, 17:48
Yes, if you can post it that will clarify exactly how the task should be handled.

mlandscape
12.05.2020, 17:52
Here you go then

UV Pump

UV Lamp

Many thanks

mlandscape
13.05.2020, 20:12
Vinny Any update on this, please

Vinny
13.05.2020, 20:19
The fallback can be done when you go to the PAB devices page and choose the powerbar where the pump and UV is connected. There you can choose how the desired outlet(s) will react in case of a disconnect from the head unit.

You can set both the pump and UV to react to a temperature reading by assigning the Temperature Heater function to those outlets. If you want the OFF-point to be different from your current temperature probe settings, you can do this by creating a virtual probe.

Creating virtual probe
1. Press up or down arrow keys on P4
2. Select System
3. Select Virtual probes
4. Select New virt. probe, choose copy and select the temperature probe, then save

That will create a second temperature probe (virtual) which you can use for the pump and UV.

Within the temperature probe settings page you can also change the control behavior of this function. More information on this option is on page 60 of the P4 Programming Manual.

mlandscape
14.05.2020, 18:34
Thanks, Vinny I will give the temperature one a go.

I am aware of the fallback setting as you have explained before and I already have the fallback set to ON for the UV pump. I have left the UV lamp Fallback as OFF because I would not want that ON if the pump wasn't running which is my initial request for programming.

Obviously you know far better than I do but I am not sure what you are suggesting achieves what I am after. If the pump disconnects from the head unit it doesn't necessarily mean that it has stopped working does it. ?

Can it not be resolved by referring to the A reading?

Vinny
15.05.2020, 19:53
A reaction to Amperage reading is a feature that will be released soon. ;)

doggydoc10
15.05.2020, 22:49

Awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gandalf
17.05.2020, 17:43
you could use a flow sensor and create an alarm in case of a pump failor. woth the programmable logik you can stop the uv lamp in case of an alarm.

mlandscape
17.05.2020, 17:59
Thanks, Vinny I will give the temperature one a go.

I am aware of the fallback setting as you have explained before and I already have the fallback set to ON for the UV pump. I have left the UV lamp Fallback as OFF because I would not want that ON if the pump wasn't running which is my initial request for programming.

Obviously you know far better than I do but I am not sure what you are suggesting achieves what I am after. If the pump disconnects from the head unit it doesn't necessarily mean that it has stopped working does it. ?

Can it not be resolved by referring to the A reading?

I have tried to set up the temperature control suggestion which I think I had right but I immediately got an alarm - I was setting the lamp to go off if the aquarium reaches 27.2 C and it was reading about 25 C at the time so I deleted the virtual probe fro the time being. Not sure why it was alarming out?

I am sure you gave me the right page location because in the ProfiLux 4 Programming Guide page 60 is about Operation Mode Controller.

mlandscape
17.05.2020, 18:00

That sounds promising will have to see if in due course it is appropriate.

mlandscape
17.05.2020, 18:05
you could use a flow sensor and create an alarm in case of a pump failor. woth the programmable logik you can stop the uv lamp in case of an alarm.

Now that is something I had not thought of but I was trying to avoid more expense and resolve it with programming but disappointed that there does not seem to be a readily available solution for what I would expect to be a fairly basic request.

As far as the flow sensor is concerned it only has about 600 litres going through it and the smallest is 2000 - don't know if that is a problem? Also pipework through the UV is on a flexible hose and I don't know if you can use the flow sensors on the hose?

mlandscape
19.05.2020, 14:10
I have tried to set up the temperature control suggestion which I think I had right but I immediately got an alarm - I was setting the lamp to go off if the aquarium reaches 27.2 C and it was reading about 25 C at the time so I deleted the virtual probe fro the time being. Not sure why it was alarming out?

I am not sure you gave me the right page location because in the ProfiLux 4 Programming Guide page 60 is about Operation Mode Controller.

@Vinny your further feedback would be appreciated Thanks

mlandscape
19.05.2020, 14:11
Now that is something I had not thought of but I was trying to avoid more expense and resolve it with programming but disappointed that there does not seem to be a readily available solution for what I would expect to be a fairly basic request.

As far as the flow sensor is concerned it only has about 600 litres going through it and the smallest is 2000 - don't know if that is a problem? Also, pipework through the UV is on a flexible hose and I don't know if you can use the flow sensors on the hose?

@Vinny any thoughts on this suggestion, please

mlandscape
22.05.2020, 16:30
When you get the opportunity @Vinny I would appreciate your repsonse on the last two posts - many thanks

Vinny
22.05.2020, 18:07
Oops...seems I missed this one!

The flow ranges are on our GHL shop pages.
In the case of the FS 2000, the flow range is 100 - 2000 l/h
https://store.aquariumcomputer.com/en/advanced_search_result.php?categories_id=0&keywords=flow+sensor&inc_subcat=1

Hard pipe or tubing with a FS does not matter. Either would be fine to use.

mlandscape
23.05.2020, 13:29
Thank you, Vinny, I had missed the flow range where I had looked and only seen the maximum flow.

Did you see my comment above that I had tried the temperature control of the lamp as you had suggested but got an alarm?

"I have tried to set up the temperature control suggestion which I think I had right but I immediately got an alarm - I was setting the lamp to go off if the aquarium reaches 27.2 C and it was reading about 25 C at the time so I deleted the virtual probe for the time being. Not sure why it was alarming out?

I am not sure you gave me the right page location because in the ProfiLux 4 Programming Guide page 60 is about Operation Mode Controller."

Vinny
25.05.2020, 17:12
Check your probe settings; nominal value, hysteresis and alarm thresholds.

The page provided gives an explanation of other ways the ProfiLux can manage temperature control.