PDA

View Full Version : Can't add device.

Whostheduke
12.04.2020, 22:13
Hello,

I have a KHD and 2.1 standalone doser but I can't connect it to the cloud. I log in to the my ghl site, enter the ghl ID and it gives me this message... 12319

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks, Alex.

Vinny
13.04.2020, 19:36
Hello Alex,

Have you added the Doser to your wifi network?
If yes, have you tested it to see that you can connect over Wi-Fi?
This can be done either via GHL Control Center (GCC) or GHL Connect (App).

If the doser cannot be accessed over Wi-Fi, then it will not be accessible over myGHL because the device does not have access to the internet.

Whostheduke
13.04.2020, 20:49
Hello Alex,

Have you added the Doser to your wifi network?
If yes, have you tested it to see that you can connect over Wi-Fi?
This can be done either via GHL Control Center (GCC) or GHL Connect (App).

If the doser cannot be accessed over Wi-Fi, then it will not be accessible over myGHL because the device does not have access to the internet.

Hi Vinny, thanks for the reply.

I've connected to it via wifi through my phone if that's what you mean? But I haven't put in my home wifi password - can you tell me how to do that? I've had a look but can't work it out.

Vinny
14.04.2020, 17:52
If you haven't entered your WiFi password into the doser settings, then that means the doser does not have access to the internet yet and therefore cannot communicate with the myGHL servers.
Follow the steps shown in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D7KxXiLuO0&list=PLZ8mwsVuPz6_yCqwKVIX8LBxmuwAJRMA7&index=6

After you type-in your network information, make sure to Disconnect from the doser so the settings are applied.

Whostheduke
14.04.2020, 18:37
If you haven't entered your WiFi password into the doser settings, then that means the doser does not have access to the internet yet and therefore cannot communicate with the myGHL servers.
Follow the steps shown in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D7KxXiLuO0&list=PLZ8mwsVuPz6_yCqwKVIX8LBxmuwAJRMA7&index=6

After you type-in your network information, make sure to Disconnect from the doser so the settings are applied.

OK, I've followed that but my doser is still flashing white - it hasn't gone blue to confirm connection. It's been 10 minutes. The video doesn't say what to do?

Vinny
14.04.2020, 19:02
Make sure you've disconnected so the settings are applied. This is mentioned in the description of the video.

If you've done that, then something was entered incorrectly in the Wi-Fi settings; either your network name / password / or assigned IP address.
Can you post a screenshot of the settings you entered?

Whostheduke
14.04.2020, 19:06
Make sure you've disconnected so the settings are applied. This is mentioned in the description of the video.

If you've done that, then something was entered incorrectly in the Wi-Fi settings; either your network name / password / or assigned IP address.
Can you post a screenshot of the settings you entered?

Ah, OK - it's worked now. But it says "if you'd like to access the doser fro the app, create a new connection in the app". How do I do that?

Vinny
14.04.2020, 19:14
Open the app, press ADD DEVICE, select the doser, give new connection a name, type-in the assigned IP address into the Host/IP field, press SAVE.

Whostheduke
14.04.2020, 19:25
OK, I've done that but it won't connect through the app - it just says connection failed. And it still won't add my doser to the cloud with the my ghl id.

Whostheduke
14.04.2020, 19:30
I can't connect to my doser/KHD at all with my phone now - I used to be able to connect to the GHL Doser 2 through my wifi but now that's gone?

Vinny
14.04.2020, 20:07
Not being able to connect through the hotspot signal is normal because once you entered your WiFi settings, the hotspot was disabled. You cannot have the doser connected to a WiFi network andemit a hotspot at the same time. It's either one or the other.

Make sure your phone is connected to the same network as the doser, then connect.
Double-check the IP address you entered into the doser's connection in the app.

If it still does not work, ping the IP address you assigned to the doser.
That will tell you whether the doser is on your network or not.

Here's how to do that:
1. Type-in cmd into the windows search bar and open command prompt
2. Type-in ping (space) followed by the IP address you assigned to the doser. For example Ping 192.168.1.150
3. Press enter and review the results

If you get a result like this, the doser is on your network.
That is, assuming you did not assign an IP address which already belongs to another device on your network. That may also be the cause of your problems.

If the issues continue, create a support ticket for further assistance.

Whostheduke
14.04.2020, 21:08
Not being able to connect through the hotspot signal is normal because once you entered your WiFi settings, the hotspot was disabled. You cannot have the doser connected to a WiFi network andemit a hotspot at the same time. It's either one or the other.

Make sure your phone is connected to the same network as the doser, then connect.
Double-check the IP address you entered into the doser's connection in the app.

If it still does not work, ping the IP address you assigned to the doser.
That will tell you whether the doser is on your network or not.

Here's how to do that:
1. Type-in cmd into the windows search bar and open command prompt
2. Type-in ping (space) followed by the IP address you assigned to the doser. For example Ping 192.168.1.150
3. Press enter and review the results

If you get a result like this, the doser is on your network.
That is, assuming you did not assign an IP address which already belongs to another device on your network. That may also be the cause of your problems.

If the issues continue, create a support ticket for further assistance.

Great, the IP address in the app was wrong - i've corrected that now and it's working. I'll coma back to the mh GHL issue another day. Thanks for sticking with me - this is more complicated than I expected!

Vinny
14.04.2020, 21:10
It's little details like that which make a big difference. ;)

Whostheduke
14.04.2020, 21:27
;)

One last thing - I still can't add the KHD/doser to my ghl. Here's the message I get. Any ideas?12325

Vinny
14.04.2020, 21:32
There is a quicker and easier way to add a device to your myGHL account.

Connect to your doser via the app, go to the System settings page and select Add this device to myGHL, then follow the on-screen prompts.

The other way to do it is to follow the steps shown in this video:
This is doable using GHL Control Center or the app.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiwaV7nZu7Y

Whostheduke
14.04.2020, 21:34
Perfect, thanks again.