PDA

View Full Version : Maxi awc

Robertsymo
22.03.2020, 00:09
Hi all I have just received my maxi doser and I’m trying to set it up so that I can change 50-60 litres over the course of the week. The dosing setting and schedule only allow you to change 30 litres at a time and then you have refill the container.
I know the recommended way is to use 2 x level sensors but I don’t have much room left in my sump and what with the profilux and all it’s sensors I have wires everywhere,so ideally I’d like to avoid the sensors. I find it hard to believe that you can’t just set a simple task to remove 50 litres and refill 50 litres at the same time at the push of a button.
I have looked everywhere online and on this forum and can’t find any info. I was under the impression that the maxi doser was designed for automated water changes,50 litres is not a particularly large water change so I’m hoping it’s possible. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Rob

Vinny
23.03.2020, 17:02
Hi Rob,

Yes, it is possible to use the Maxi for AWC, but the way you're looking to run it is not the intended way to use the feature. That's why the one-touch button is not available.
It is possible to bypass the sensors for the task by setting up each head with a "dosing schedule". This will automate the task without having to press a button each time to activate it. As for the container fill limits, we have plans to increase the limit on a future update.

To setup AWC using a dosing schedule, go to each dosing pump settings page and use the Individually dosing option. Specify the time and amount to add/remove at that time. Select the days or how often this schedule will run, add a description, then save settings.

NOTE: Both pumps must be calibrated in order for both to transport the same amount of water.

Robertsymo
24.03.2020, 22:24
Great thanks for your reply Vinny. I wasn’t to worried about doing the water change at a press of a button it was more the case of programming it to take 60 liters of water and add 60 of fresh water on a Monday when I am at work and leaving it to it but it seems I won’t be able to do that. Am I right in saying I will have to do 30 litres on the Monday then refill the container and do another 30 on the Tuesday? Have you any idea how long the update will be. I have tried setting the dosing schedule but it keeps failing to save it and when on the schedule page when I go to add schedule and fill in the info the add button stays faded out?. One last question I have a sa maxi doser and a profilux 4 I have connected the doser to my Wi-Fi but the profilux and doser have separate connections therefor separate dashboards and I have to keep disconnecting from one to access the other. Would I be better of deleting the Wi-Fi conection on the maxi doser and connecting it to the profilux via pab.

Vinny
25.03.2020, 17:21
You can leave the container settings disabled until the limits are increased. If you choose to use them, the schedule will not stop if the fill level is emptied.

I am not sure what you mean by "it keeps failing to save".
Saving your settings only requires you to press SAVE. Do you have a screenshot to provide?

If you want to integrate your Maxi with the P4, you can do so by setting the maxi to slave mode, then assigning it to your P4 setup. Doing that will automatically disable the WiFi connection in the doser.

Robertsymo
25.03.2020, 20:11
I managed to get the profilux connected to the doser thanks for that. I still can’t get it to add a schedule because the add button stays faded out and cant figure out why. I managed to get it to start a 20 litre water change by dosing individual amounts but half way through one of th12257e dosing heads started leaking water. I stopped it running and unclipped the head from the unit to find the piece of silicone tube had split. Is this a common problem because it is the first time it has ever been used. How do I go about getting some replacements?

Vinny
25.03.2020, 20:24
It's not letting you save because 20,000ml is well over the allowed limit (3,000ml) per dose event.

For the maxi doser, please open a support ticket so we can help you with that.

Robertsymo
25.03.2020, 21:48
Oh I see so to do a larger water change it would not be possible on a dosing schedule unless you were to set up 20 individual events.