PDA

View Full Version : Another Email Notification Thread

ScottF83
12.02.2020, 17:51
Hello all

Sorry for another email notification thread but I simply cannot get this to work and I have been searching the internet for weeks now and tried so many different combinations

To give some background, I had notifications working last summer but had to reset my unit and do not have the settings saved from previously.

I have tried various combinations of smtp/mail named servers, different ports, sending from different emails and to different emails, tried outlook/gmail/gmx/yahoo, and enabled less secure apps and released captcha for gmail

Nothing works.....

Broadband provider is Virgin Media in the UK

I am able to access the MyGHL enabled Profilux 4 device when on a different network, i.e. when I'm not at home, and see sensor readings, etc

I'd really appreciate some specific help on (preferably) getting the correct settings for GMX (email ends @gmx.com) and a fully updated Profilux 4 within a Virgin Media UK broadband router

Kind regards
Scott

MatthiasF
13.02.2020, 14:45
Hello,

the necessary smtp settings for gmx.net should as following:

Port: 587 (TLS) or 465 (SSL)
SMTP-server: mail.gmx.net
Email address: GMX E-Mail address
Username: GMX E-Mail address
Password: GMX E-Mail password

We cannot test this on our side, but this is well-known to work for other ProfiLux 4 users.

ScottF83
13.02.2020, 14:53
That doesn't appear to be working and I've tried both ports

In the last few days, I've tried sending from and to many different email addresses with their appropriate settings but no joy

Does the gateway have an effect or does access to myghl mean this is correct and not a cause of my issues?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200213/28e2f8399741895bddd2bfaf896c424b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

MatthiasF
13.02.2020, 15:02
Please, create a support ticket, where we can share detailled information and track this issue down:

https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/support/tickets-enquiries/

ScottF83
13.02.2020, 23:02
Good evening
I have raised a ticket as requested
Regards
Scott

Dr.big
03.05.2020, 18:02
did you find your problem?

i have been having same issues since i changed password for my account...

ScottF83
03.05.2020, 18:07
did you find your problem?

i have been having same issues since i changed password for my account...Yes, send me a pm and I'll find the thread I did on my local reefing site with the solution

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Dr.big
03.05.2020, 18:23
Thanks a lot for answering, after 3 hours i figured it out. problem with gmail safety.

osanchezmon
10.11.2020, 21:30
Dear folks,

I am trying to configure an Outlook account but fails. I've tried with all the Microsoft and Office 365 public SMTP servers and ports without success.

Where can I found logs with the error trace?

Does anyone had the same problem and solved it?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Oscar.

MatthiasF
11.11.2020, 13:23
Hi Oscar,

we can try to figure this out if you provide more details on the used SMTP settings.

Therefore please create here a ticket: https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/support/tickets-enquiries/

osanchezmon
11.11.2020, 18:06
Thanks done!

Mistahbrock
01.03.2022, 20:01
Hello Scott

I use port smtp 587 for my setup, which was working until I updated the WiFi firmware
I noticed that my setup have problems when I setup a static IP address, so maybe you can get it up and running with DHCP

Best regards, Ole