PDA

View Full Version : P4 Salinity Probe Control w Maxi Doser

Jaredlong83
11.02.2020, 02:52
Hi All,

I've been looking everywhere but was wondering how I could control my salinity with the Doser Maxi. I currently use the Doser Maxi to preform AWC with my tank of about 0.5 gallons per day. This has caused a tiny bit of drift with my salinity since my new salt water doesn't always match my tank's salt water 100%. Is there any way to use the programming language to keep the Salinity within a set range and if if falls out of the range the P4 will tell the Maxi to dose more of the new salt water and take less of the old salt water out?

Thanks!

MatthiasF
11.02.2020, 09:29
Hi,

yes, this is possible. It's mainly based on the Conductance probe's 'Desired value' resulting in a 'Control upwards' or 'Control downwards'.
These commands can be assigned to a switchchannel, which are mapped to each 'Dosing pump' of your MaxiDoser.
With the large range of possiblities of the Programmable logic, you can include also fail-safe functions and stop dosing during ongoing alarms, for example.

Here's an example that works quite well:

Fill water 1: At-Top-Off level control
Fill water 12: Leak detection
S33: RO/DI water
S34: Salt water with slightly higher salinity

Maybe other users want to show you their configrations as well and you pick the one you like most or experiment yourself a bit.