PDA

View Full Version : WLAN vs LAN conflict

damir0408
01.02.2010, 10:10
Dear members. I’m new on this forum and would like to say hello to everybody. Looking for a pleasant time.

Recently, I’ve purchase Profilux plusII eX with LAN card. SW version 4.07

I’m having connection problem as the result of the conflict (or settings) between WLAN and LAN card on my notebook (W XP). I use WLAN card as internet connection and connected Profilux directly with lan cable to LAN card on notebook.

I’ve notice that when I have WLAN card enabled could not connect to Profilux. It seems that the SW (ProfiluxControl II V4.0.8.1) is searching through WLAN only ignoring LAN connection. When I disable WLAN card everything works normally. Enabling WLAN card again turns me back to the “no connection” status.

Please note the following:
- Local area status with Profilux on the task bar icon : Connected – so the lan connection is OK.
- All settings are on auto. DHCP is active.
- Since I’m using notebook, I’m occasionally switching it off the network. When I connect it again, sometimes both connections work fine (connection with Profilux works even the WLAN is enabled). Sometimes not. By connecting PC again, I change nothing in settings and couldn’t find out the difference.
- I’ve tried to use switch in stead of direct cable connection with the same result.

It seems that ProfiluxControl check WLAN connection only, ignoring LAN connection.

Is it possible to “force” ProfiluxControl to check LAN connection as well or to disable WLAN connection checking or…..

Any suggestion would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance. Damir

Matthias
01.02.2010, 14:00
Hi

the problem are the 2 network adapters on your notebook.
If you enabled "search automatically" ProfiLuxControl sends a broadcast message over the primary network adapter in order to find all ProfiLux with LAN interface.
If this primary network adapter is the WLAN then ProfiLuxControl will not find the ProfiLux.
Solution:
Use fixed IP or set the LAN adapter to the primary adapter.

damir0408
01.02.2010, 14:31
Hi Matthias

Thanks for the prompt answer. I assumed something like.
However, I'm a mad man since form the posting the thread, I was doing on PC all the time something completly different (left Profilux to rest). And now few hours later everything is doing fine, even with WLAN and LAN enabled at the same time, without any intervention from my side.:confused:
Anyhow, just to be on safe side, setting the fix IP address is not a problem and I will probably be going that direction, but I would appreciate whether you could advise how to set LAN (or WLAN) as primary. I couldn't find that option anywhere.

Thanks in advance and BR Damir

damir0408
02.02.2010, 18:46
Just to comment what I've found out (because I was again "off line" like before).
What I did and works out for me:
- disable WLAN
- connect with Profilux via LAN (now without problem at all)
- while connected to Profilux enable WLAN

After that I could connect as much times I like even the WLAN is enabled.

It might be of help to somebody.

Best regards to everybody. Damir

Matthias
03.02.2010, 08:02
because the problem is only the search of the ProfiLux, once connected the connection will remain
-> use a fixed IP for ProfiLux

damir0408
03.02.2010, 10:32
You are right. Thanks for the assistance. BR Damir