PDA

View Full Version : Ion director questions

MabuyaQ
04.12.2019, 22:48
Today the Ion director was announced but I have a couple of questions that remain unanswered.

1: How many tests can be performed with the 500ml reference fluid bottles?
2: What is the price of reference replacement bottles and in what sizes will they come?
3: What is the expected life expectancy in months and/or number of tests if the
Ion Director probe?
4: How long can both the reference fluid and probe be stored? (I currently consider pre-ordering the Ion Director but not use it on my current tank as it will be replaced in the first half of 2020 so I would be storing it untill then)

Thilo
19.12.2019, 14:48
More information about the reference fluid has now been announced via our newsletter:

Price for reference fluid

One of the goals in the development of the ION Director is to keep the cost per measurement as low as possible.
In cooperation with a German producer of chemicals, we have succeeded in developing a very precise yet cost-effective reference fluid: 1 litre of reference fluid will cost only 24.90 € (incl. German VAT, excl. shipping). Per measurement 2 reference fluids are needed, the quantity is maximum 10 ml per measurement.
This results in a maximum cost of 50 cents for a simultaneous measurement of Ca, Mg, K, Na and NO3. In contrast to solutions from other vendors, which require a minimum number of daily measurements, the IOND user determines the daily costs himself: The number of daily automatic measurements is adjustable between 0 (then only manual measurements) and 24.
We are currently working on further reducing the amount required - without compromising measurement accuracy - which will further reduce the cost per measurement.