PDA

View Full Version : P3/USB problem

90reefernyc
30.01.2010, 08:52
Hello everyone,
I have a problem and hopefully it can be a quick fix.
I upgraded my p2ex to the p3 last night. I am having a problem communicating from my computer to the p3 with the usb connection. I downloaded the driver software and it still wont connect?? I am running windows xp on this computer. I then tried with another computer running vista and still I am having the same issue. I need to get this fixed so I can upgrade my firmware correct? or can I do it the way I was with the p2 over my lan card??
Also I cant load my settings and data that I saved from the p2 before I did the upgrade to the p3? I tried with no luck.
Thank you, Jimmy

Matthias
30.01.2010, 09:32
Hi

there are many many post regarding all the things you asked, please try the search function

90reefernyc
30.01.2010, 09:36
tried searching usb its too SHORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matthias
30.01.2010, 10:36
what about "connect", "connection", "ProfiLuxControl", ...
there are dozens of threads

but first of all
http://www.aquariumcomputer.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=634

if you can't find anything which helps and you have still a specific question - don't hesitate to ask!

aqua_digital
30.01.2010, 14:26
Hi Jimmy,

1. You can not load the setting from P2 to P3 this has been written in quite a few threads here. Please have a look at the download section of this forum for info.

2. Connection question.

A, make sure you have the latest USB driver from profiLux installed in your device manager

B, connect the profilux to your PC via the USB cable.

C, go to device manager and note what COM port the driver is using

D, Go to connection edit tab in profiLux control (make sure you are using the matching software to firmware version) and enter the COM port number

E, Save and attempt to connect.

F, If no go and you have an RS232/USB converter, try connecting over this, you will have to note the COM port again as Vista will load it onto a different port.

G, If that does not work, then you can use the upload tool and details for this can be found in the download section, once you have the new firmware uploaded you can then install the matching software and connect over LAN.