PDA

View Full Version : Help me to set khd

rocco bellafante
03.10.2019, 21:22
Hi all!
Is here someone can me in khd setting?
I'll try to explain my doubts.

My khd was not costant with measurements.
In some days i think it works good , i had my kh between 7.1 and 7.3.. suddenly i had peak.
Khd ,in adaptive mode, cut off kh doser and It goes down...
These episodes happened several times

To solve the situation, i ordered to the ghl online store 3 complete heads, kh reagents with pvc tube.
I change components, i calibrate the dosos( averaging on 5 measurements) and now It looks ti work good.
I hope it works good costantly in the future days.

Now my doubts..
In the screen the is my setup.
I set in this way, because a friend tell me it is a good setup for his tank.
I'd like to understand how parameters influences khd operation. Limits, volume change,and test number.. in which way are connected?
Is better to have 6 tests and 6 dosages, or 6 test and 12 dosages?
I have 1000 lt tank, 12x30 ml dosages, and about 360 ml ti have 1 kh degree fall.

Which suggestions can You give me?

Vinny
03.10.2019, 22:09
Hello Rocco,

There is no one-size-fits-all recommendation for setting KH control. It all depends on tank size, coral load, lighting, too many variables...

We have a video here which explains the meanings behind each control option in the KHD. Hopefully this will clarify how to best set the KHD for your KH consumption rate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euXBpc0YILs

rocco bellafante
03.10.2019, 23:36

rocco bellafante
03.10.2019, 23:38

rocco bellafante
03.10.2019, 23:45
Ciao Vinny.
Innanzitutto grazie per la risposta.
Il video che mi hai postato lo avevo già visto mentre provavo a tarare in " add-mode" pero non mi é stato molto utile nella mia calibrazione.

Ho postato 2 foto del mio setup.
Mi dici che ne pensi, e che direzione prendere per tirarlo sulla mia vasca?

Grazie

Thilo
04.10.2019, 07:46
Hi,

the best settings for controlling the KH value depends on many factors. It is best to observe the KH value for a few days and if the regulation works the way you set it, then leave it that way. Otherwise adjust the volume change and maybe the limits.

rocco bellafante
04.10.2019, 08:53
Hi,

the best settings for controlling the KH value depends on many factors. It is best to observe the KH value for a few days and if the regulation works the way you set it, then leave it that way. Otherwise adjust the volume change and maybe the limits.Hi Thilo,
I don't understand how my setting changes influences the khd 's work...

Yesterday it measures 7.1( with 4% correction )... this morning 6.9 ( with 14 %)..
Isn't strange that with + correction, kh goes down?
This evening i'll try to calibrate kh doser head..

Or there's something wrong in my setup..

Inviato dal mio SM-N950F utilizzando Tapatalk

Thilo
04.10.2019, 10:10
Hi,

I don't think you need ro re-calibrate anything.

The calculated adjustment will be added to the dosing from the pumps dosing schedule. The Doser will then dose X% more or less with this pump until the next measurement.
So, if the measured value is lower than the nominal value, the correction will be positive to increase the KH value. If the KH value keeps decreasing, you should increase the dosing amount on your dosing pump schedule or increase the volume change on the KH Directors control mode.

rocco bellafante
04.10.2019, 13:15
Hi Thilo,
First of all thanks for your support.

Volume change is setted to 50. I think it's maximum value( if i set 51 or more, for example, i can't save changes).

I'll try to add more kh with periodic dosages.

The strange thing is that " calculated adjustment" is lower than 25 at max. Limits are fixed to 50, so far away.

If it's near limit, probably giving more kh,i solve the problem, but in this situation... but i'll try...

Inviato dal mio SM-N950F utilizzando Tapatalk

Thilo
07.10.2019, 14:24
The strange thing is that " calculated adjustment" is lower than 25 at max. Limits are fixed to 50, so far away.
The volume change is set for a deviation of 1dKH. So if the actual value differs from the nominal value by 0.5dKH, an adjustment of 25% is calculated. Only if the difference is greater than or equal to 1dKH, the calculated adjustment will be 50%.

rocco bellafante
07.10.2019, 16:42
The volume change is set for a deviation of 1dKH.

If the max VOLUME CHANGE settable in not enaught ?

I have a consumption of 360 ml / day. and in my tank this consumption corresponds to 1 kh degree/day

technically I should set "volume change" as 100%, but I can do it at most 50%.

for this reason Ihave some doubts on the correct setting ..

Thilo
08.10.2019, 06:24
The KH Director control mode is meant to assist the normal dosing schedule. You should set the dosing schedule so that enough is dosed throughout the day to compensate for consumption. The KH Director should then correct for smaller deviations.