PDA

View Full Version : Mitras lightbar 2 setup

Shotputty
28.09.2019, 11:17
I just installed the Mitras lightbar 2 with a Profilux 3.1 controller. The lights are on but I have no idea how to set the dimmable function.
I can setup color channels under illumination -> Mitras lightbar & Slimline, all channels are at 100% but the light output is not even 25% of these default lightbars:
https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/products/ghl-illumination/ghl-lightbars/

Is the Mitras not supposed to be at least as bright?

Do I need the dimmable output on the PAB or does the Profilux control the Power Supply unit?

Here is the overview of the setup:

Shotputty
29.09.2019, 15:07
Some more information after reading through this forum 2 days in a row, I cannot find any conclusive guide.

I have 2 GHL dimmable lightbars (T5) active on L1/L2 and L3/L4 via illumination channel 1 and 3.

The Mitras Lightbar 2 lamps are connected via the RS232 cable. The serial connection is set to "Mitras Lightbar" under "System".

Where can I find the light composer in MyGHL or is this only available in the control center?

Here is a screenshot from the Mitras section under Illumination >> Mitras Lightbar & Slimline >>
I have not yet changed any of these settings. Does every color need a channel??

Why are illumination channels 1 and 3 occupied with red en blue while these channels are already assigned to other lamps?

I cannot find any instructions in the manual on how to assign a schedule to the serial port.
So many questions...
Is there a step by step instruction available?

Thank you for any help!

WernerP
29.09.2019, 15:26
You have to install the newest version of GHL Control Center, connect to your Profilux and under Illumination you will find the Light Composer.
Regards
Werner

Shotputty
29.09.2019, 15:51
Thanks, I have the latest version. How can I assign illumination channels to the serial port?

WernerP
29.09.2019, 15:55
download Light Composer instructions here: https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/downloads/light-composer-instructions/

Shotputty
29.09.2019, 19:22
Thank you, it is working right now. First I assigned the different colors from the Mitras menu to some free illumination channels. But after that I loaded a daylight template in the light composer and those channels did not correspond to the channels I set so it was a weird ugly light. After I matched the channels to the correct colors and all was fine. Although I am confused why the daylight template uses only 5 of the 9 available colors.

I also connected the Power Supply unit to a timer on the PAB because even at 0% output the Mitras still gave a dimm blue light.

I think there should be some sort of manual for the Mitras dimmable setup, it is not very straightforward :rolleyes: