PDA

View Full Version : KH director Reagent questions

AZfishkeeper
02.08.2019, 03:48
How much reagent comes with the KH director?
What’s the average usage of the reagent over a year?
Can another companies reagent work if GHLs reagent isn’t available?
What's the shelf life of the reagent? Does it expire? long term storage issues?
Are you looking at a concentrate version of the reagent?
Does the reagent need a controlled temperature environment?

These are make or break questions for me and if I am going to buy the KH Director set up or not. I already have a Profilux 4 so I really want to keep things working together. But longevity and availability of consumables is a major concern of mine. I've bought things in the bast that relied on support of a company and that company failed it's customers.

Vinny
02.08.2019, 16:53
Hi,

1. 500ml

2. 1-3ml reagent used per test, how long a bottle may last will depend on tests/per day and actual KH value. A 500ml bottle may last up to 3 months if testing 2x/day at a value of 8dkH

3. Possibly, but not recommended for accuracy and warranty purposes

4. Technically there is no shelf life. What matters most is that the bottles are kept closed and away from direct light when not in-use

5. Unlikely. We offer ready-to-use reagent to eliminate the hassle of mixing one's own batches.

6. It should be kept away from direct light and in a temperature stable environment

LBCReefer
27.02.2020, 14:29
Hi,

1. 500ml

2. 1-3ml reagent used per test, how long a bottle may last will depend on tests/per day and actual KH value. A 500ml bottle may last up to 3 months if testing 2x/day at a value of 8dkH

3. Possibly, but not recommended for accuracy and warranty purposes

4. Technically there is no shelf life. What matters most is that the bottles are kept closed and away from direct light when not in-use

5. Unlikely. We offer ready-to-use reagent to eliminate the hassle of mixing one's own batches.

6. It should be kept away from direct light and in a temperature stable environment

Vinny : Will ambient light affect reagent? Also, if it is subjected to some direct light, is that an issue?

Vinny
27.02.2020, 19:26
Ideally, the liquid should be kept away from direct light, but if light hits it for a small part of the day that is fine.

doggydoc10
27.02.2020, 20:52
Since we are at this, I have another question. Can the reagent liquid be placed in a acrylic container, specifically a royal exclusive dosing container?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vinny
28.02.2020, 16:04
Any container which supports weak acids lower than 3% will be suitable.

doggydoc10
29.02.2020, 00:18
Thank You

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk