PDA

View Full Version : Help me decide what route to take....

badazztealcobra
21.01.2010, 00:15
Okay, Im currently downsizing my tank from a 180g setup to a 90g rimless starfire setup. I'm hoping to "upgrade" through downsizing by going with some "nicer" equipment on the tank.

I currently have a Profilux PlusII on my 180 with a digital 6 plug bar and a 4 plug bar. Im also controlling two 6105 stream2's with the Tunze cables and splitter. I'm also running ReefStatus through a laptop thats always running and was hoping to get away from that....

When I sell off all my old equipment Im hoping to have right around 1,200 USD to "play" with, so I was hoping to update my current equipment. I am really looking into going with the balling light method (its going to be ALOT of reading Im guessing) on this new setup since I have seen some good results, so I'm guessing my first purchase should be for a doser. Should I just buy the 3 bay unit, or spend the little bit more now and get a 4 bay unit just to have it?

Should my next step then be looking into an Ex upgrade, or should I just send Michael my PII and have it upgraded to a PIII instead ??? This should allow me to get away from running my laptop 24/7 correct ???

If I go with a 4 station doser and a PIII upgrade I would have $350-$400 left to play with if all goes well. Should I be looking into possibly upgrading power bars at that point, or would I be looking into more "frivilous" things like the propeller breeze and get fid of my fuge fan, or a simu-l light stick for more effect, maybe now upgrade to an Ex and then wait till I can get the probes, etc....

I dont know if the new equipment will make any difference in the purchases so I'll list them as well:

8x39w ATI Powermodule (too bad FM didnt have a dimmable 39w :( )
Vertex Alpha 170 Kone
Tunze silence return pump
CurrentUSA 2x18w T5 fuge lighting
(2) Tunze 6055 pumps (might go to 4 of them for even more flow)