PDA

View Full Version : myGHL cloud based power/connectivity monitoring

PiggyPuffin
21.03.2019, 15:50
I accidentally unplugged the power cord that powers my reef (everything!) this morning...it came loose when I opened the curtains and I noticed the gurgling sound of the return pumps shutting down. That got me thinking.

Does the myGHL cloud service actively monitor if my P4 is online? If so, how do I trigger alarms using it?

MatthiasF
22.03.2019, 15:12
No, myGHL acts as a proxy and is not meant for monitoring actively.
For 'normal' power loss, use the power-cut feature from the P4 maintenance actions and an external battery, in order to keep it running and alarm you.

Vinny
22.03.2019, 15:43
As mentioned above, the P4 does include a power-loss monitor feature, but requires a backup power source to keep the vital equipment running.

Within the P4 you can also configure the default states of each powerbar outlet. For example, if a powerbar looses communication with the P4, you can still have these outlets stay ON. This feature can be found in the SYSTEM settings page. Select your Powerbar and click CONFIGURE.

PiggyPuffin
22.03.2019, 16:06
As mentioned above, the P4 does include a power-loss monitor feature, but requires a backup power source to keep the vital equipment running.

Within the P4 you can also configure the default states of each powerbar outlet. For example, if a powerbar looses communication with the P4, you can still have these outlets stay ON. This feature can be found in the SYSTEM settings page. Select your Powerbar and click CONFIGURE.

Thanks. I'll go double check that my power outage settings are appropriate but I don't have a battery backup solution :(