PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading Firmware on my old P3 - firmware updates fail 88 error

mraporter
11.03.2019, 10:16
Hi guys,

I have a P4 and a P3 which I use for water changes.

I would like to update the P3 to work with myGHL but each time I have tried to update the firmware (currently v6.23) I get an 88 error which crashes the GHL.

Using the emergency flashing tool I’ve been able to restore the old firmware, but this process can take many hours with the flashing tool as it will ‘time out’ multiple times (literally I spent 3 hours yesterday using the flashing tool) before the old firmware can be recovered.

The newest firmware seems to be embedded within the Control Centre, so I can’t access it directly to use with the flashing tool. Are you able to post a link directly to the latest P3 firmware so I can download the file?

Unless there is a problem that can be fixed with the automatic firmware update, I assume I will need to use the flashing tool for any updates. I am willing to spend the time trying to do this to get the latest firmware if you’re able to share the file please?

I know the P3 is the old model now and has been out of production for several years, so support/updates are limited. However, this is my old P2 which was upgraded to a P3 so I am keen to keep it working to see just how long it will survive for :)

Thank you
Andy

Gandalf
11.03.2019, 18:17
You will find the firmeware in the installation path of the profilux control center in a subfolder

mraporter
14.03.2019, 10:53
You will find the firmeware in the installation path of the profilux control center in a subfolder

Perhaps I am doing something wrong, but in the latest versions of the control centre there is only a .exe file and no subfolders to be accessed.

While I know that the relevant file can be accessed via the GCC itself, I need to use the flashing tool and this have to have the file accessible via windows explorer.

Vinny
14.03.2019, 20:19
Hello,

After GHL Control Center is installed on your computer, you should be able to access the program folder in the C: drive.

The ProfiLux 3 firmware file is located here:
This PC -> OS (C: ) -> Program Files (x86) -> GHLControlCenter_V1124 -> Firmware -> ProfiLux3

Select the newest P3 firmware, ProfiLux3_V642.mhx

mraporter
14.03.2019, 20:22
Great, thank you.

I have just realised my mistake that I was looking at the GCC download file rather than the program!

I appreciate both your help Vinny & Gandalf :)

mraporter
18.03.2019, 19:26
All done... now running v6.40 :)

Thanks again

Vinny
18.03.2019, 19:50
Excellent!