PDA

View Full Version : Looking for tester for ProfiLux II Firmware 5.00i

Matthias
19.01.2010, 17:44
from now on the BETA-Version 5.00i for all ProfiLux II-models can be downloaded

many of the new functions for ProfiLux 3 had been implemented, have a look into manual 5.00

this firmware is brandnew and has still BETA-Status -> bugs can't be excluded :eek: - if there occur problems then you should downgrade to 4.08, this is the reason why I recommend to save the 4.xx settings in any case - then you are able to recover them

it is not possible to copy the 4.xx settings to a ProfiLux with 5.xx because there are too many and too large changes, the firmware is not compatible :(

Please do the update as described below:
- save sensordata and settings with ProfiLuxControl II 4.xx
- then update with ProfiLuxControl II 4.xx to firmware 5.00i
- install ProfiLuxControl 5.0.0.6 and use it to access ProfiLux II (ProfiLuxControl 5.0.0.6 can handle PII and P3)
- correct settings

please report bugs in this thread

A special hint for all Aqua Illumination users: This firmware is able to work with the old style and new style lamps (protocol is adjustable)!

aqua_digital
19.01.2010, 17:56
Can someone please post this link in the equipment section of reef central. We have many Ai users waiting for this and not all visit either forums.

tomcoleman
20.01.2010, 13:00
any release notes on i

Matthias
20.01.2010, 14:13
no, this is a complete new firmware

I recommend to check the manual 5.00 if there is anything which may be interesting for you

jonnybravo22
21.01.2010, 05:15
hey i believe i've successfully installed firmware 5i for my p2 ex.

i still have to do all of my recalibrations for PH, redox, Salinity, but i got ATO and temp.

more importantly to the update, it is now controlling the new AI modules! it does seem like there may be a few bugs however.

1 - No clouds, even at 100% probability i havent seen a cloud in 20 minutes.
2 - seems like in the 'light scenarios' mode, all of the channels control the white LEDs when you try to adjust in manual mode.

more may come as i test out longer.

Matthias
21.01.2010, 08:14
clouds - in the new firmware you need to activate this simulation in the illumination settings for each channel
light scenario - did you assign the white and blue LEDs to correct channels?

jonnybravo22
21.01.2010, 15:18
got it -- tried that. it does activate the feature but the feature seems strange.

1 - the cloud feature INCREASES the light initially (looks like it goes to what i have it set to be as max, 40%; currently it should be 11% as it ramps up from 10% - 40% white) and then begins to decrease for a cloud, but once it reaches the full cloud (darkest point), it jumps all the way back to max, instead of gradually coming back.

2 - this may be on purpose, but the two channels white and blue run clouds independently of one another. i preferred it when the lights dimmed together but again this may have been done intentionally.

3 - i do have the lights on the right channel (and for ramp up and down in the illumination channel settings they DO WORK PROPERLY for controlling each channel, white and blue). I have white in channel 1 and blue in channel 2. the light mixer does not recognize channel 2 and presents all 8 channels with the ability to control the whites only.

*Thunderstorm seems to work well, and it gradually darkens at the start of the storm and gradually lightens at the end of the storm.

*Rainy days seem to work well

*I see no problem with moon phase

aqua_digital
21.01.2010, 15:20
just sent you pm about rc ;)

jonnybravo22
21.01.2010, 15:28
Matthias,

also wanted to add that i had a strange problem trying to set the digital power bar assignments. it may be my fault in some way but i was not able to set the digital powerbar settings from ProfiluxControl, I had to do it directly on the unit.

I was trying to set socket 6 to Temp 1, socket 5 to Water 1, and it ended up applying the Temp1 settings to socket 1 even though in Profiluxcontrol I tried to set socket 1 to always OFF.

Then i just went to the unit itself and went to "socket outlet functions" and did it there and it has been working fine since.

V1...rotate
22.01.2010, 15:45
Hello all,

I have just updated to the new firmware 5.00i version but now I can not connect to the Profilux via the Prolific USB to Serial port. It worked before the update.
I unfortunately didn't know about Matthias's post at the start of this thread so I didn't back anything up.

The box has de-faulted to German and I can not change it to English as I can not connect to it via the PC.

Is there anyway to re-install firmware version4.08? Or any other options?

Tks

Matthias
22.01.2010, 17:50
are you using the new ProfiLuxControl 5.xxx?

Matthias
22.01.2010, 17:51
Version 5.00i2 for ProfiLux II can be downloaded now, settings for socket functions and 1-10V interfaces over ProfiLuxControl had been corrected

jonnybravo22
22.01.2010, 23:24
Question - I recalibrated all my probes to version 5.00i. Will these settings transfer over to 5.00i2 and to the final release of firmware 5 for the p2?

It wouldn't let me save my settings in the new profiluxcontrol 5 software, I tried and it said that the function was not available in the beta version... Thanks.

Matthias
23.01.2010, 10:14
yes, the settings will not reset after update to V5.00i2

V1...rotate
23.01.2010, 16:29
Version 5.00i2 for ProfiLux II can be downloaded now, settings for socket functions and 1-10V interfaces over ProfiLuxControl had been corrected

Thank you for the response. I downloaded 5.00i and I was able to access the unit.
I will download 5.00i2 and install it.

jonnybravo22
25.01.2010, 05:57
I am having trouble updating from 5.00i to 5.00i2 using the ProfiluxControl 5.006 software. The option to update firmware is not available. Can you release an updated version of the software making this option available?

Matthias
26.01.2010, 08:11
Updates over USB/RS232 are possible.

jonnybravo22
26.01.2010, 11:39
was afraid you'd say that.

i cant connect an rs232 cable to my computer so i was hoping to update via LAN card hooked up to my wireless router.

it worked for the 5.0 update

* i know it is not the recommended procedure however.

guess i have to buy a USB card. thanks.

Matthias
26.01.2010, 13:30
you can also use a USB-RS232 converter

or you wait for the next ProfiLuxControl, the new version will support updates over PLM-LAN or PLM-WLAN again (even if it is not recommended to do updates over ethernet)

kvmn
08.02.2010, 20:02
after i update firmware 5.0 my controller turn into different language and i can't connect the controller
how do i turn it back to english and how to connect it (rs232)
help please thanks

GHL Support
10.02.2010, 08:13
You can set the language on the ProfiLux in this way:

- press "f" key
- press Up key (until "Sprache" appears)
- press Enter key
- select your language
- select "nein", if you don't want a key sound and press "enter" key
- select "ja" and press the "enter" key to save

That's all.