PDA

View Full Version : PH / Redox Addon for P3

freemchr
19.01.2010, 03:14
Hi Guys,

I have the PH / Redox Addon plugged into the last slot of the P3 (Upgraded from a P2 Profiset) and having some dramas with calibrating the probes. Whenever I calibrate either the redox or PH the ADC values are nearly identical and the values are all up and down and incorrect.

Any ideas as to what is causing this? It is becoming very frustrating.

GHL Support
19.01.2010, 08:11
I think the PH / Redox card is working since you have no problems in the ProfiLux2, right?

Sure you inserted the card properly? No bent or torn off pins?
Can you put the card in Slot1 (the slot in the middle) and post the results?

freemchr
19.01.2010, 13:40
Correct I did have no problems with the PH/Redox card with the P2 (though i did initially have problems then one day it just worked).

I will do this tomorrow and let you know. Can calibrate PH1 without a problem. Just the Redox and PH2 are all over the place.

freemchr
21.01.2010, 02:46
Just tried this and makes no difference PH2 ADC is set on 444 / 444.

Any ideas?

Matthias
21.01.2010, 08:12
to exclude that there is a problem with this slot:
Could you try another slot?

freemchr
21.01.2010, 08:25
Moved the PH/Redox to the slot the PLM-2L4S was in (and working - middle slot). Tried to calibrate again ADC1 / ADC2 444 / 444 also tried to calibrate the Redox Probe and same thing, ADC values are different to the values that were in my initial calibration running the Profilux II.

Now the strange thing is the PLM-2L4S was in the middle slot, The PLM-2L4S would not work in the right hand side slot when I had moved it. Not sure if the faulty Redox / PH adaptor has done something to the middle slot, or possibly both are faulty.

What are your thoughts? FYI all upgrade instructions were done perfectly, no bent pins, no slots not being plugged incorrectly, everything was done by the book and with the utmost care.

Matthias
22.01.2010, 07:54
I think we have no chance to help in this case any more.
Please contact your retailer for further support.

freemchr
22.01.2010, 09:17
Thanks. I have them ordering me a new addon card. If that fails will look at replacing the Profilux again.

freemchr
13.04.2010, 09:02
Had the PH / Redox card replaced tested to calibrate the probes same problem, could not calibrate... could a faulty PH / Redox card damage the probes? Or is it more likely a problem with the P3?

Matthias
14.04.2010, 07:40
both is possible
-> if we are talking about a P3 upgrade then it is likely that something went wrong during this upgrade

there is one more option left: is this an P3 eX version but it is recognized as P3 ( or vice versa)?

freemchr
14.04.2010, 09:11
Yes it is a P3 Upgrade. The upgrade went perfectly with not one problem other than the probes on the PH/Redox Card not being able to calibrate. No issues at all with the P3 except for this problem.

I was sent a new PH/Redox card and still the probes will not calibrate. I have been told that GHL do not cover the probes under warranty. How do i find out if it is the P3 that is faulty or the probes? Last thing I want to do is buy two new probes only to find out the same thing happening to them.

It was upgraded from a Profiset 2 to P3.

What do you advise the next steps to be? Maybe as per the info above the slot is faulty? But that doesn't explain why i could not calibrate the PH/Redox in the middle slot when it was connected previously.

Matthias
16.04.2010, 07:39
this is not answered:

there is one more option left: is this an P3 eX version but it is recognized as P3 ( or vice versa)?

freemchr
16.04.2010, 07:45
How can i verify? Can you check via the serial number? 912051114.

freemchr
16.04.2010, 07:48
The P3 I have does not have these as standard - So I am presuming it is the normal P3.

1 x Saltwater conductivity sensor port
1 x Redox sensor port

Matthias
16.04.2010, 08:11
sorry, but I don't understand

to make it easier for me: please post a picture with a rear view of your ProfiLux and post a screenshot of ProfiLuxControl (general page) after connecting

freemchr
16.04.2010, 13:49
Mine is exactly the same as pictured. However left slot have a PLM-2L4S installed and right slot I have the PH/Redox card installed.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v727/freemchr/Equipment/IMG_3014.jpg

Below is my ProfiluxControl.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v727/freemchr/Equipment/profilux.jpg

Matthias
17.04.2010, 10:42
ok, it seems your device is recongnized correctly - you have a P3 and ProfiLuxControl shows P3 -> S/N is matching

then it is a problem with the hardware (possibly something got damaged during the upgrade or its an DOA problem - I don't know) or with the probes is something wrong

I can't analyse the real problem from here - I see only the option to contact your retailer.

another point to mention:

I have been told that GHL do not cover the probes under warranty
this is not correct, we offer a limited warranty for probes (pH and redox 1/2 year, salinity and temp 1 year)