PDA

View Full Version : dosing pump with profilux 3

Piotrek1974
21.02.2019, 14:52
Hi everybody. I have problem to connect dosing pump to my profilux 3 Ex t. when i have conected to S1-S4 socket then pump 2 wrking all the time. If i have connected to S5-S8 all pumps working but i can control them manualy only. Automaticly with set up time dose ml etc does not start. I think S1-S4 and S5-S8 is reserved for my Pab power bar 5.1 but not sure. If someone will explain me how to do this i will be very happy.
Regards

Gandalf
21.02.2019, 16:34
you Need to tell your Profilux what S1-S4 is used for.
Search this Point at the Configuration Software and switch S1-S4 or S5-S8 to Dosing Pump 1-4.

Piotrek1974
21.02.2019, 17:40
you Need to tell your Profilux what S1-S4 is used for.
Search this Point at the Configuration Software and switch S1-S4 or S5-S8 to Dosing Pump 1-4.
Ok. do i have to change configuration for my power bar 5.1 PAB? i think it is using now S1-S4 and S5-S8 because there are 6 sockets.

Gandalf
21.02.2019, 18:20
Disconect the pab sockets,
Go to the system switch chanel menu in profilux control
Set s1-4 to digital, chose Programm numbers of a dosing station, follow the programm, chose not used numbers. Comment the pab sockets

Vinny
21.02.2019, 18:50
Do as mentioned above.

NOTE
When you have the doser connected to the S1-S4 port, it will automatically be assigned to the S1-S4 switch channels by default.

Since you currently have a Powerbar 5.1, also assigned to S1-S5, there will be a conflict which is causing the 2nd pump to run based on the existing function assigned to S2 (for the powerbar).

The solution is to assign your dosing pump heads to switch channels that are not being used by the powerbar.
For example:

Powerbar 5.1: Currently assigned to S1-S5
Dosing unit: Assign to S6-S9

You can assign the numbering of your dosing pump by going to the Switch channels and outlets settings page, enabling digital comm. for S1-S4, click Program devices, select the doser, set the first pump head to start at 6, click OK.

After that is completed, go to your S6-S9 switch channels and set each function to:

S6: Dosing pump 1
S7: Dosing pump 2
S8: Dosing pump 3
S9: Dosing pump 4

Go to those dosing pump channels and setup your schedules.

Piotrek1974
22.02.2019, 20:41
Do as mentioned above.

NOTE
When you have the doser connected to the S1-S4 port, it will automatically be assigned to the S1-S4 switch channels by default.

Since you currently have a Powerbar 5.1, also assigned to S1-S5, there will be a conflict which is causing the 2nd pump to run based on the existing function assigned to S2 (for the powerbar).

The solution is to assign your dosing pump heads to switch channels that are not being used by the powerbar.
For example:

Powerbar 5.1: Currently assigned to S1-S5
Dosing unit: Assign to S6-S9

You can assign the numbering of your dosing pump by going to the Switch channels and outlets settings page, enabling digital comm. for S1-S4, click Program devices, select the doser, set the first pump head to start at 6, click OK.

After that is completed, go to your S6-S9 switch channels and set each function to:

S6: Dosing pump 1
S7: Dosing pump 2
S8: Dosing pump 3
S9: Dosing pump 4

Go to those dosing pump channels and setup your schedules.
Thank you very much mate. I have done it.
Explanation perfect!!!
All working well!!!
Thank you once again.
Regards

Piotrek1974
22.02.2019, 21:18
Guys. Last question how to setup if i want to plug in my dosing pump to powerbar. I have one socket free. What function schould i choose in switch chanel? When i have choosed dosing pump then i have to set number as well for example 1 and in this case only pump 1 can switch on. Pump 2 and 3 were not work then. i would like to switch on dosing pumps only when is dosing. I know i can plug in to convetional socket but in this case dosing unit will be switch on all the time.

Gandalf
23.02.2019, 08:23
You van usw a timer that switchs the wocket at the same time or yiu usw the programmable Logik. But i do bot know, this willmswitchbthe socket fast enough. Perhaps the doset will also Need a Little time to boot?

Piotrek1974
23.02.2019, 08:52
You van usw a timer that switchs the wocket at the same time or yiu usw the programmable Logik. But i do bot know, this willmswitchbthe socket fast enough. Perhaps the doset will also Need a Little time to boot?
Thank you for advice. To be honest i was thinking about to set up timer or dose all pottasium, Iron etc at same time but then it will dose same quantity. I think must be some other solution. Programmable logic ? How does it work?

Gandalf
23.02.2019, 09:33
You habe to set the power sockt to the programmable Logik 1
And the gatters in the Logik like this
G1 = g2* or g3
G2 = dosing 1 or 2
G3 dosing 3 or 4

This will switch the power sockt on at every time any dosing is aktive, but it Needs a Little time to switch the socket on, and to get enough current at the power travo, and perhaps to boot the dosing unit.

Otherwise you may program a tuner that switch the socket on around the time of dosing. You may also connect more than one timer with the programmable Logik.

Vinny
23.02.2019, 16:40
Use the ALWAYS ON function for the socket that will have the dosing pump power plug connected.

This will allow the dosing pump to always stay ON.
If your dosing schedules are setup correctly, each dosing pump will only dispense fluid at the desired times.

If you want to avoid overlapping doses where two pumps run at the same-time, go to each dosing pump channel settings page and use the ALWAYS DOSE AT feature.

No need for programmable logic.

Note: You can also set the powerbar outlet to stay ON if there is ever a disconnect from the ProfiLux. That will ensure uninterrupted communication. To set this up, go to the SYSTEM settings page and select the powerbar from the PAB chain, click CONFIGURATION, then select the outlets you wish to keep ON in case of a disconnect.